The Student Room Group

art students, what are your themes?

there's 3 months left for the gallery, and I'm currently on my 5th project:eek:... with only 100 pages in my WB, I have planned 3 more projects but am still waiting for some kind of miracel which will fall upon me and make me complete them before the gallery:p:
so what are your themes guys (min is emotions btw) and how far into ur WB and projects are you?

Scroll to see replies

how are you planing to do 10 more projects in 3 months???? (but then again I know someone who spend a day starting and finishing 4 projects so I suppose its doable). Past themes I've seen at my school:

Feminism
Hands
Media - the girl who did this theme used/combined every single art media possibly known to man in her projects.
Rock and Guitars
Korean culture - the artist was Korean of course
Reply 2
ohh I like the media one.. and u dnt need to have 14-15 projects! 9-10 is fine..
my friend did 9 in saudi, and she had an excellent WB so she gt a 6... I'm doing the same.. 9 projects max, but I'm putting alot of effort in them:smile:

once again HMS.. allways first to reply:p:
I thought at HL it's at least 13 projects?

~Lc~
once again HMS.. allways first to reply

proves I have no life...
Reply 4
LoL... I didn';t mean ti that way but ok:tongue:

not really.. they just want to know that You've been working.. which is why they ask for minimum of 12 for the average student. But if the project is big and took you long time (like my "wall of emotions" which took me 3 months to finish, it's basically a huge wall with loads of graffiti on it...) they'll consider it as 2-3 projects...
cool about the graffiti. my friend considered doing that. I think the most interesting art project I've seen so far from my school is one that my friend did. I can't remember what the actual term is now, but what she did was she left a box at the school gates for half of the IB2 year and asked people to put in their empty toothpaste tubes in the box. then in the end she video taped some interviews with some people who put their toothpaste in. Thats the project. a box of old toothpaste tubes and a video playing in the background...
Reply 6
LOL! that falls under contemporary art... I hate contemporary art!:p:
My theme is very close to it, so I researched one artist called tracey Emin. But that's it, I don't think everything that is done by an artist should be called art.
I'm a realist fan. I try to express myself through still life...

anyway no one on TSR takes art?
:| where are all teh group6 ppl?
Reply 7
BORING ART PPL :tongue:......DUMB STREAM.....hahahahha...HEY ELSA
Reply 8
very funny sam :mad: you're gnna get negged for that u know this don't u?
Reply 9
hi sengupta.. and don't go offtopic:p: I'll report u.. or neg u, as WoOoW said:p: hehehe
Well, i ws just kidding ms LC n WoOoW....watvr ppl....do watvr u want dudes....hehe i ws jst kidding...as i always do...DUMB STREAM...HAHHAHAA :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 11
:mad: you're not really helping ur situation.. but since ur a noob I'm gnna let it go! HAHAHA! noob *points and laughs*

so no one here taes art :eek:
no one who frequents I think...all the group 6 pple who frequents are either music or theatre
Reply 13
They're probably slaving away on their art projects as we speak :frown: ... I know my friend stays after school to 6:45 to do some art every day ...
Reply 14
I'm not allwed after hours! I only have about 4 hours a week art.. and the rest is work book.. but I'm forcing the school to give me at least 2 hours a day after mocks WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT..
Else I will fail:smile:
and tlel ur friend goo luck form me:smile:
you're not allowed afterhours? bad. my friend spent about 2 hrs after school every day of the week and at least one weekend day as well around Feb/March to finish her projects. that's after having 6 hours of class time and spending many free periods doing art..
Reply 16
well... ur not really helping here:p: I dunno what I'm gnna do.. I mean the average project won't take me more than 15 hours to complete! and I'm trying to do a coupld of abstract to fill up my wall.. I really don't know.. and quite frankly I've started not to care.. a 4 seems pretty good now...
sorry. but can't you do your art at home?
Reply 18
Staying an extra 2 hours at school ... I need that time to procrastinate before getting down to doing my homework - which is what I'm doing now (taking naps, talking to you guys, etc.).

Anyway, good luck with your projects. I've no idea how you guys manage it ...
Reply 19
@HMS, no not really, we're only allowed to do projects at school when the teacher's around, because they want to make sure we dnt l;et sum1 else draw it for us. and since the IB1 teacher is an examiner my teacher is very careful around ehr, she dsnt want tog et reported to the IBO... so we're only allowed to do WB at home.. which is fine I guess cuz I'm late in both.. I'm doing research on pencil colours right now (drawing rocks) they're amazing:biggrin: I'll upload them to my davient art page later...

Latest

Trending

Trending