The Student Room Group

Art gcse, Help in picking a Artist.

So, I've been doing Art gcse for a while now. But, I want to know if I can do a Digital Artist? I really like their art style and the way they portray my theme so beautifully, it's quite unique. But I don't know if this will affect my grade as this Artist isn't traditional. I'm not planning to do Digital art For my work though. Also does the Artist have be well known? Very popular.
Reply 1
Original post by Babarra66
So, I've been doing Art gcse for a while now. But, I want to know if I can do a Digital Artist? I really like their art style and the way they portray my theme so beautifully, it's quite unique. But I don't know if this will affect my grade as this Artist isn't traditional. I'm not planning to do Digital art For my work though. Also does the Artist have be well known? Very popular.

Talk to your Art Teacher.They are the person marking it so just see if that are agreeable.
Reply 2

Hi, my gcse theme was in fact "internet culture" and my school very much accepted digital artists in artist research, i think digital work presents unique opportunities in process analysis. I also did digital observations and a mix of traditional and digital in my final piece. I don't see an issue in digital artists and work imo.

But id always suggest talking to your teacher for further support lol
Reply 3

definitely ask your teacher but i don't see an issue with it. if the artist has an anime-esque style then they might say no (not saying that's not real/impressive art but that's not what most teachers think) but otherwise i reckon they'll be ok

Quick Reply

Latest