The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Endcliffe vs City vs Ramoor?

Hi everyone! I am an American student coming to Sheffield for exchange! I heard city is the accommodation most international students choose but I don't want to be with all the non-English speakers but at the same time I am older than the incoming freshman (19 turning 20). What do you recommend?
Reply 1
I can't not recommend Endcliffe. I think you're right that many international students go to city, but in my block in Endcliffe there are multiple internationals including Americans and a Canadian. Endcliffe is the busiest of all of them and is closer than Ranmoor, but further away than city, from the main campus. You might be a little older than most freshers, but many students here take a gap year between finishing school and starting uni so you'll be the same age as many of them. I wouldn't worry about being an international surrounded by domestic students.

The only potential downside to living in Endcliffe is it can get noisy during freshers week and is probably a little noisier than the other two throughout the rest of the year as well when people come back from nights out, but it's never bothered me.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending