The Student Room Group

Chances of getting a medical laboratory assistant job while still studying at uni?

Hi there,

I'm a mature student and I've just finished the first year of a biomed degree. I applied for an NHS medical laboratory assistant job in haematology a few days ago as it sounds like an interesting role and an opportunity to gain some relevant work experience. I was just wondering though what my chances are of getting this kind of job while still being at uni and if anyone else has done this kind of work alongside their studies?

I made sure that in the supporting statement of my application I demonstrated how I met the person specification, and I wrote extensively about the pre-analytical skills I've developed at uni for pathology lab testing - particularly for haematology. After having a look at older posts on this site about MLA jobs though, it seems like a lot people who go for these roles are already graduates. Is it unlikely that I will be considered for this role on the grounds that I'm still a student? :frown:
You don't need a degree of it Hun so just apply for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending