The Student Room Group

NHS pre-interview assessment

I have a pre interview assessment for a job in the NHS (Medical Laboratory Assistant) and the assessment includes a test on 'numerical filing, written and typing questions'

can someone give me some advice or tips what this entails and how i should prepare?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Dshanati
I have a pre interview assessment for a job in the NHS (Medical Laboratory Assistant) and the assessment includes a test on 'numerical filing, written and typing questions'

can someone give me some advice or tips what this entails and how i should prepare?

Dear Dshanati

This is a NHS standard requirement in most trusts based on NMC guidelines. Nothing will above KS3 level mathematics. Some trusts allow calculators some trusts don't. There are numerous free mathematic platforms just look for KS3 or below to gain understanding. The NMC has Numeracy education material and example tests. There is even YouTube clips on example tests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lWRvg7S1Bg

Hope this helps

Mark Bush
Student Rep 2nd Year Radiology
Reply 2
Thank you so much so helpful !!!

Original post by University of Suffolk student
Dear Dshanati

This is a NHS standard requirement in most trusts based on NMC guidelines. Nothing will above KS3 level mathematics. Some trusts allow calculators some trusts don't. There are numerous free mathematic platforms just look for KS3 or below to gain understanding. The NMC has Numeracy education material and example tests. There is even YouTube clips on example tests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lWRvg7S1Bg

Hope this helps

Mark Bush
Student Rep 2nd Year Radiology
Reply 3
Hi Dshanti
I also have an interview with written test, numerical filling and typing test.
Can you help me with what it looks like? I have no idea and I’m so nervous
Hope to hear from you
Reply 4
Original post by Tomit
Hi Dshanti
I also have an interview with written test, numerical filling and typing test.
Can you help me with what it looks like? I have no idea and I’m so nervous
Hope to hear from you

Hi, I did mine and it was very easy. All I had to do was sort out these papers that were numbered in order and it was timed. Then there was a typing test where I had to write medical words that were on a sheet of paper onto a table on word. Some words were easy to spell others not but it was a test of speed and accuracy. There was maybe 60 words and I had written 58 down within the 3 minutes.
Finally they gave us a little booklet with questions about:
- what do you think a medical laboratory assistant does? (So make sure you look on the job description before)
- how do you suit this role I.e skills and qualifications
- and there was some questions on infection control and confidentiality

hope this helps and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending