The Student Room Group

Should I go to prom?

Here are the pros and cons help me out please!

Pros:
- It's a memory of high school and everyone will talk about it
- The girl I like will be there and she'll look stunning, I'm not going with her but I want to date her this summer.
- I might look half-decent in a suit.

Cons:
- I hate coach journeys
- I hate buying clothes
- The £200 could be better spent on different things
- I don't have a fancy car to turn up in
- I don't have a date, as the only girl I have feelings for I didn't want to ask to prom, but I want to date her this summer.
- I can't go to an after party, which is the best bit.

Help me out. It's mainly to do with the girl tbh.
yes, you will regret it if you dont, whats £200 for a night that "might" go amazing if you hook up with this girl and you have those memories for the rest of your life.
Original post by Anonymous

Pros:
- The girl I like will be there and she'll look stunning, I'm not going with her but I want to date her this summer.

Cons:
- I hate coach journeys
- I hate buying clothes
- I don't have a date, as the only girl I have feelings for I didn't want to ask to prom, but I want to date her this summer.

Why can't you go to an after party? You don't need a date. Just go with friends. Find someone who has a nice car and ask to borrow it. Theres plenty of solutions. If you want to go stop making excuses. (saying that I'm not even going to my prom xD. )
On the contray..
Is there any other way you'd get in touch with the girl? If not you'd lose your chance But you could just send a friend request message her online and ask her to go somewhere and meet up. If you never talked to her this would seem a bit weird though. At prom she could be surrounded by her friends and you may not even get to talk.
Original post by Anonymous

Pros:

Cons:
- I hate coach journeys
- I hate buying clothes

I remember when it was my prom ppl were so excited spent so much money on it etc and I was like guys it aint gonna be as fun as u think. I wasn't going to waste a ton of money the ppl who did go complained it was boring etc not so special after all.
So when it came to 6form prom which was cheaper barley anyone wanted to go so it was cancelled. These parties are ****. Really if this girl likes u she aint going to give one if you don't go.
Reply 4
Thanks guys. I agree Riah that she'll most likely be surrounded by friends and my parents won't let me go to an after party because they're idiotic, but oh well. Getting drunk doesn't really appeal to me, but it would nice to have a few drinks with friends, sounds much better than the prom.
There are also two after parties Anonymous, and I don't know if we'd end up at the same one. I highly doubt we'd end up "hooking up" and I appreciate her more than to take advantage of any drunkenness, a relationship appeals more than drunken sex, not the best way to lose your virginity.
@TheElvenQueen, do you actually think she won't care? I mean I just want to pop up to her on Facebook but I don't want her thinking I'm some depressed killjoy who won't enjoy a party, but then again if I go prom and don't go to an afterparty I look like a pu$$y.
You probably have a relative with a nice car and if not, you can hire them for not much. I'm taking my uncle's Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 (My profile picture on the left) which isn't really what you should be turning up in to look classy and flashy, but its better than nothing. Just try not to get a Ford Galaxy or something like that. The only reason I chose this one over my cousin's Mercedes E Class is for racing purposes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
im not going im just not into it i dont like dresses or dancing or big huge crowds of my year group who i dont like although i am not looking forward to the hindreds of photos that will be posted with me in none of them but oh well
you should go if it what YOU want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you really need a fancy car, an after party and a date?
My prom was pretty crap, there were fights, the after parties were tragic and literally everyone went without a date. Despite that, it was a really good night and it was the last time I ever saw some people (and I still haven't seen them since.)
Original post by peanutbutterjam
Do you really need a fancy car, an after party and a date?
My prom was pretty crap, there were fights, the after parties were tragic and literally everyone went without a date. Despite that, it was a really good night and it was the last time I ever saw some people (and I still haven't seen them since.)

Wow. I hope mine isnt like that. me and my friends have it planned, we hiring cars (im getting my uncle's) and after the prom were going to do some racing on the way to the after party and then after that some proper racing on motorway and we might drive the cars ourselves for fun til late. To top it all off we might get a bit of weed with us to make things more fun.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending