The Student Room Group

He said he wanted to be with me, now he's acting weird

I've been getting really close with this guy since a month or two. First as friends, but then we started cuddling / kissing pretty much every time we saw each other (haven't slept together yet though). He's said he really likes me on several occasions. Thursday we were both a bit drunk and he said he wanted to give things a go between us and it would be a shame to not at least try. We agreed we would take things very slowly. He sounded pretty serious about it - like he was talking about how we would tell our mutual friends etc. He's a bit of a player but he has real intimacy issues when it comes to actual relationships (though he has been in long-term relationships before).

So since then things seem to be different than they were before. He's initiated quite a few convos on Facebook and asked if he could see me on Saturday (I couldn't as I was at my mum's), so it's not like he's disappeared, but he's been saying some pretty strange things to me.
Like we were talking about some girl and he just said, 'I guess I would [shag her]', it was obviously a joke, but still... seems like a weird / insensitive thing to say considering the circumstances? And then later he said he was writing a song about how his mum died and he's 'incapable of love', which breaks my heart because I know he's been through a lot, but again, the fact that he feels the need to say this to me makes me feel like he's sort of warning me off. He also said he always just starts conversations with me when he's bored, which is, uhm,... flattering, I guess(?!).

I have no real reason to assume that what was said on Thursday isn't 'valid' anymore, but somehow I feel like it isn't. I'm very insecure when it comes to relationships though, so it might just be my own paranoia making me jump to conclusions.

Not sure why I'm posting this even. Does it sound like he's having second thoughts, or he's scared, or I'm scared and reading too much into things?

Should I ask him if he wants to go for drinks at some point (I think some face to face communication might be helpful in this case), or should I give him some space at this point?
Reply 2

Yes drinks, or yes space? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending