The Student Room Group

Worried about teachers discouraging me?

Hi everyone,
I know this is a stupid question, but I'm really sensitive so I hate saying to people what I want to study (med). I'm fully aware that I'm probably not going to get in etc but I don't want my teachers to stop me from applying- I just want to try!

Any advice on how to toughen up a bit/ stop worrying about others perceptions would be very much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
dont tell anyone what you want to do then, just say you dont know yet
Reply 2
Original post by Lularose83
Hi everyone,
I know this is a stupid question, but I'm really sensitive so I hate saying to people what I want to study (med). I'm fully aware that I'm probably not going to get in etc but I don't want my teachers to stop me from applying- I just want to try!

Any advice on how to toughen up a bit/ stop worrying about others perceptions would be very much appreciated :smile:

You shouldn't be afraid of telling people you want to study Medicine, if anything it will make them see you as hard working with high goals.

Also if you work hard you can definitely get in for it, it's all in your control, Just have confidence and believe you can do it :smile:

If teachers don't think you can do it or doubt you for whatever reason, that would actually be a good thing IMO as it would make me work even harder to prove them completely wrong, they aren't allowed to stop you from applying so don't worry about that.
Reply 3
Original post by AJC1997
You shouldn't be afraid of telling people you want to study Medicine, if anything it will make them see you as hard working with high goals.

Also if you work hard you can definitely get in for it, it's all in your control, Just have confidence and believe you can do it :smile:

If teachers don't think you can do it or doubt you for whatever reason, that would actually be a good thing IMO as it would make me work even harder to prove them completely wrong, they aren't allowed to stop you from applying so don't worry about that.

Thank you so much, I'm just going to remember that this time next year I won't be in school/seeing them anymore :smile:
Original post by Lularose83
Hi everyone,

I was told that I will get nowhere even if I re sit all my exams whilst doing A2, true that got really bad AS grades for medicine, At least I'm trying.

Quick Reply

Latest