The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
I used my PC on resnet without any problems. All the uni computers i've come across in the libraries, teaching labs and departments have been PCs, if that's of any help.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
slowjamz
Hey guys,

I'm going to be getting a new laptop for uni, and am deciding between a Mac and a PC. Now I know all the usual Mac vs PC arguments :wink: so no need for those - I'm just wondering whether one or the other is better for Bristol in particular? ie. any problems with either on Resnet, university networks, etc etc? How about transferring work between computers - are Bristol's own comps Macs or PCs? Any other thoughts? Thanks all!

hey there!
I have heard the support both - its all down to what OS u have installed! If u got mac os x then i believe its ok. Most windows platforms are supported but the more recent ones are a lot easier to set up.

From my experience i feel due to the fact 90 odd % use a pc these days you may as well take your pc so you will know its compatible with any software you may need for your course. But thats just me, its up to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending