The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bath Vs Bristol

Im a year 13 student who’s looking to apply at Bristol or bath for computer science and Im not sure which one to apply too. I loved Baths campus, the city and the look or the course but Im worried that Ill get bored of the night life of the city. On the other hand i loved Bristols facilities and campus but Im concerned(from what i saw at the open day) that the people who are applying for my course will be too different from me, so how easy is it to make friends through methods other than courses.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Im a year 13 student who’s looking to apply at Bristol or bath for computer science and Im not sure which one to apply too. I loved Baths campus, the city and the look or the course but Im worried that Ill get bored of the night life of the city. On the other hand i loved Bristols facilities and campus but Im concerned(from what i saw at the open day) that the people who are applying for my course will be too different from me, so how easy is it to make friends through methods other than courses.

Bristol's only 20 mins on the train from Bath, and there are buses too :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I’ve been at bath for the last 3 years and the night life is no where near as bad as everyone thinks. I’d say there are five main clubs + club nights at su, and plenty of bars and pubs. You can get to Bristol easy and there is bus that runs back to Bath from Bristol until around 3am. I think Bristol is a lot more expensive for a night out compared to Bath, especially cause Bath nightclubs are mainly aimed at students so have loads of student drink deals on midweek nights.
Reply 3
Bath - because of its placement system which is probably the best in the UK.
And its a smaller Uni with a very diverse student population.
Comp Sci - https://www.bath.ac.uk/topics/computer-science-undergraduate-virtual-experience/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending