The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas

I've just enrolled to do an EPQ and I'm thinking of applying for a course to do with social and political science, does anyone know of any good topics related to this that I could do my project on?
Reply 1
Original post by georgialouise-98
I've just enrolled to do an EPQ and I'm thinking of applying for a course to do with social and political science, does anyone know of any good topics related to this that I could do my project on?
I've moved this in to the relevant area of Study Help in the hope that someone can advise :smile:
I did the EPQ last year and applied for Anthropology/HSPS courses - mine was a documentary on Tourette's in the media and elsewhere with research into how the media can guide peoples' perceptions in society.

You could do something on the education system? Perhaps look into the changes that have occurred in compulsory education up until now and then evaluate how people feel about the upcoming changes?

It depends though - will you be sticking to the typical essay format or will you do a film/practical project etc...?
Reply 3
Original post by georgialouise-98

the EPQ is a great scheme! I applied for nursing at university, so I did something related to the medical ethics field (specifically; the euthanasia debate) so perhaps something related to your degree, but not something you've directly studied/investigated before, this will really impress your unis :smile: as for a topic, perhaps something recently in the media today on your topic; it makes it easier to write about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending