The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official 'Ask BCU' Thread for 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Hello, can I ask, what time and where should we come on the first day of the welcome week (September 14th)?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hello!
I received the email regarding accepting my offer from the university about a month and a half ago, and I haven't heard from them since. I wrote some emails to them today, and I hope to get some answers soon.
However, could you please tell me what is the next thing that should happen? I heard things like online enrollment should be done before the on campus enrollment and the start of the course, but I have no idea when or how to do that...
I also can't log in to the student page, using the application number or my email. Is that because I'm not a student yet?
One of the fastest answers I could receive. :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by RedPencil
One of the fastest answers I could receive. :biggrin:

After I got my results i didn't hear off them for a while, I actually messaged them on the Facebook page got a really fast response. They gave me the email for my course leader to email my results, my offer was changed to unconditional could use my application number etc and I was able to apply for accommodation (this was start of July). Then since I got a link for the online enrolment about a month ago
So maybe try message on that? It worked for me haha
I wanted to ask when the school will start checking applications for January 2016....
Original post by _Victoria_
Hello, can I ask, what time and where should we come on the first day of the welcome week (September 14th)?

Hello, its different for every course, it depends on what you're studying? :smile:
Original post by Twinkles_090
I wanted to ask when the school will start checking applications for January 2016....

Hello :smile: this is something I dont know im afraid, best to email [email protected] :smile: They might be able to help you out
Original post by RedPencil
Hello!
I received the email regarding accepting my offer from the university about a month and a half ago, and I haven't heard from them since. I wrote some emails to them today, and I hope to get some answers soon.
However, could you please tell me what is the next thing that should happen? I heard things like online enrollment should be done before the on campus enrollment and the start of the course, but I have no idea when or how to do that...
I also can't log in to the student page, using the application number or my email. Is that because I'm not a student yet?

Hi :smile: we're really sorry for the delay! Did you end up contacting us on facebook/twitter at all?

If not, its best to give admissions a ring and find out we're you're at, they might direct you to contact your school you'll be studying with (dependant on your course).
Admissions: +44 (0)121 331 5191/5192

Hope this helps :smile:
I'm not able to move in until Sunday, would you know where I could pick up my keys, or who I could email to ask? (I'm moving into Oscott Gardens if that helps).
hi, just wondered if the clearing hotline was still open this late in September and on a Saturday? Thanks!
Hi id like to apply for a part time course speech and language therapy have 3 Cs and a B at as level was wondering which i should retake or it is possible to get through without retaking
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the official 'Ask BCU' thread for 2015/2016. As the title suggests, this thread is for you to ask us anything you want! Whether you have questions about our courses, student life, living in Birmingham, our facilities or any worries you may have about coming to university- the team and our student ambassadors are here to answer them :smile:

So don't be shy and ask way!

The BCU Team

PS- If you have any questions about your accommodation application, please email [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi I wanna do diagnostic radiography here cuz its obviously the only uni in bham that does this course, but the only thing that is putting me off is the mixed attitude towards it, most people are saying its bad some are saying its good.

I was told today that the environment is bad not the teaching but some people are also saying that the teaching is bad....since im doing diagnostic radiography im going to be at the city south campus, is the teaching their good? Is there someone currently studying their and could give me a vibe of how its like? Please can yall be honest bc im really confused lol thanks x
Reply 32
Original post by lnbourgeois
Hi I wanna do diagnostic radiography here cuz its obviously the only uni in bham that does this course, but the only thing that is putting me off is the mixed attitude towards it, most people are saying its bad some are saying its good.

I was told today that the environment is bad not the teaching but some people are also saying that the teaching is bad....since im doing diagnostic radiography im going to be at the city south campus, is the teaching their good? Is there someone currently studying their and could give me a vibe of how its like? Please can yall be honest bc im really confused lol thanks x

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60086359&highlight=Radiography

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lnbourgeois

It is terrible. I left the course.

50% practical is too much time and they often put you in ridiculously far placements hospitals
Reply 34
Original post by WilliamParker
It is terrible. I left the course.

50% practical is too much time and they often put you in ridiculously far placements hospitals

Sorry to see you left. I'm a first year at BCU and although my placement is far, I'm just going to see how things go. there's the opportunity to put in a transfer request if necessary. Personally, I feel 50% theory and 50% practical is great, the only way you're truly going to learn is out on placement doing it, so the more you're out there putting the theory to practice the better.
I put in for a transfer but didn't get one until the start of the second year.
Hi,
I have an interview on Friday for Adult nursing, is there anything I need to bring other than identification and qualifications?

Daniel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Economics potential student, also applying to uni's such as reading, is BCU worth considering?
is it true that for Diagnostic Radiography there is no interview for it? Like when they call you in its not for the interview they just show you around and not actually interview you because I've been told by people who go to bcu that you don't get interviewed for most courses and diagnostic radiography is one of them.
Hi! Yes there will be an interview for this course. To help you get an idea of what to expect and how to prepare, we've just made some videos: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/allied-and-public-health-professions/students/how-to-apply/making-your-application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending