The Student Room Group

Good AS level combinations for business realted careers

Im still waiting for my IGCSE results but im just doing some researche on what are the good AS level subjects that would help me get into business related careers and opportunities
Would choosing sociology be a good combination with business and economics?
And is AS level economics and sociology really difficult? ..
And should i consider taking mathematics edexcel ? Although ive done maths core in my igcses
I would appreciate all suggestions and all experiences! Thanks.
Reply 1
Business as in entrepreneurship?
Reply 2
Maths and economics would be brilliant
Physics goes well with maths
Politics and geography go well with economics
Reply 3
Original post by STATER
Business as in entrepreneurship?

I havent quite decided yet but maybe something to do with marketing or HR or things like that
Reply 4
Original post by Flather
Maths and economics would be brilliant
Physics goes well with maths
Politics and geography go well with economics

I havent chosen physics as an igcse subject so its too late for that now and my school does not provide politics in the as level .. Thats why i am going to consider maths as an option now! Thanks alot for your help!!
Economics, Maths, ICT, Geography
Reply 6
Original post by Historyfrenchfan
Economics, Maths, ICT, Geography

Thankyouu!
Reply 7
Maths, Economics (or Business - Econ is much better though in terms of prestige)

Then either:
- Language (difficult but definitely give you an advantage in the job market)
- Science (any of them are well respected. Physics works well with the Maths)
- Humanities (geog is good with econ)
- Computing (don't do ICT - it isn't looked favourably)
- Further Maths (if you're up for the challenge)

If you want to get onto a good business school leaver scheme e.g. PwC they really don't care about your subject choice so long as you are doing respected A-Levels that demonstrate you are relatively quantitative and analytically minded.
Economics Accountancy/Finance Politics Sociology Marketing (if your school has that) and Law (if you aim to do corporate law side of business) as well as Maths or a Language (it really is useful, but I don't recommend it unless you did it at GCSE)

To answer your question, Economics is pretty easy, at least it was for me.
Reply 9
Original post by FTSE420
Maths, Economics (or Business - Econ is much better though in terms of prestige)

Then either:
- Language (difficult but definitely give you an advantage in the job market)
- Science (any of them are well respected. Physics works well with the Maths)
- Humanities (geog is good with econ)
- Computing (don't do ICT - it isn't looked favourably)
- Further Maths (if you're up for the challenge)

If you want to get onto a good business school leaver scheme e.g. PwC they really don't care about your subject choice so long as you are doing respected A-Levels that demonstrate you are relatively quantitative and analytically minded.

Thanks alot for all your help! I think im going to chose maths.. My school would not allow me to chose language or sciences becuase i did not opt them in my igcses
Reply 10
Original post by SotonianOne
Economics Accountancy/Finance Politics Sociology Marketing (if your school has that) and Law (if you aim to do corporate law side of business) as well as Maths or a Language (it really is useful, but I don't recommend it unless you did it at GCSE)

To answer your question, Economics is pretty easy, at least it was for me.

I am interested in economics ,so i hope i dont find difficulties in that later..anyways, your suggestions are really useful! Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest