The Student Room Group

17 year old male with a 23 year old Female

Scroll to see replies

The age of consent is 16, but the age of adulthood or w/e is 18. That means that until the guy is 18, the woman is technically a paedophile.

While you are under 18, it is even worse in the eyes of the law if the older party is in a position of authority (ie, a teacher) because the younger party would be naturally submissive, and so consent is a dodgy issue.

And I think that a teacher is not supposed to have a relationship with a student regardless of age, so in that case that a teacher had a relationship with a student (over 18), I don't think it is illegal, but the teacher jeopardises their job.
I don't really see anything wrong with it. It's not that much of an age gap, especially as you get older. It's more about your personality and maturity, and whether you both want the same things out of the relationship.

Sure technically he's not an adult and she is, but the same would be true for an 18 and 17 year old; I don't think anyone would say that's wrong.

If she were a teacher then there are different rules as she could be abusing her position of responsibility, but the OP said nothing about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending