The Student Room Group

India or Pakistan, which is superior and why?

Scroll to see replies

Indiaaa but the rivalry is funny. Especially cricket
[QUOTE=Cakeyygirl;57510311]ahh I get you, well as for me its the opposite, my last school was pretty much all white kids and a few other races... all my friends happen to be white too... so I wouldn't really know what it's like having to spend time with them kind of people,
but its sad coz Pakistanis living in Pakistan are actually nothing like what you just described... a lot of the school kids have so much discipline and are incredibly hard working its a total different atmosphere out there... I don't see why it should be different with British Pakistani's its lame in my opinion

I've never been to Pakistan (don't want to) but I have nothing against the poor farmers there

British Pakistanis have ruined their reputation sooo badly
Reply 62
clearly India as it will be one of the major economies of the future...
(what does Pakistan produce?)
This is a no-brainer really.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
For once I think the Daily Mail has actually got something right.

Don't you hate it when mod have unauthorized access to your posts. THis has india and pakistan mindset written all over.
Logic of this thread:

My piece of land with Imaginary borders is better than your piece of land with imaginary borders!
Original post by Brownclown
I really wish it was a minority but I don't think it is
I went to an asian secondary school and they were awful. Always used to take the piss cos I was "too white"
All my extended family are the same
I just feel it's best to separate myself away from them and not get associated with that stereotype

Original post by Brownclown
I've never been to Pakistan (don't want to) but I have nothing against the poor farmers there
British Pakistanis have ruined their reputation sooo badly

I have no Idea what you're talking about...

[video="youtube;SLPZoGKERFw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLPZoGKERFw[/video]

On a serious note though, I understand, I have an indian/ burmese dad and an english mum and couldn't really fit in with the asian community at my school. I wasn't into rap music, cars, was a christian and apparently I don't even look indian and act "white" basically because I talk properly and don't say crap like "blud" "wag wan" "fam"

You shouldn't judge the whole race because of these chavs, usually when it comes to University time all these guys get filtered out and you get to meet the well mannered asians. You only meet these guys when in sort of lower class areas.
Original post by Gax
India 'cos they actually came up with our numbering system before the Arabs came and stole it and spread it to the west

That's why nobody knows about it. Stop insulting Arab intelligence,we didn't steal anything from any Asian nation
Either of them as long they are Muslims, they beat all.
Original post by KittyRe-play
Either of them as long they are Muslims, they beat all.

No
This is so Hard. I feel to support Pakistan because I am Muslim but I feel to support India because I am half indian.
Original post by londonboi2
what about your blasphomy rules, treatment of minorites, not allowing minorites to hold positions of power in the government, attacking non muslims, and your country aint secular mate far from it. also you do know there are hindus in pakistan idiot

From my understanding there Pakistani government has attempted to become more secular. I would cite Musharraf as an example. but i would say at some level they are both failed states with a huge untapped potential
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm Pakistani and I hate to admit it but India are in a far superior position due to a far better economy and less corruption. Also, Pakistan is full of terrorism and isn't the case in India. If Pakistan stops being so corrupt and starts sorting itself out and improves its economy India's superiority levels will reduce a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Punjab is the best tbh.
Cricket lol
Reply 75
India in pretty much every conceivable positive aspect. The only thing that Pakistan is good for is producing a radical muslim population, housing terrorists and supporting them, persecuting religious minorities, destroying priceless heritage sights and many more despicable things. Oh, and having plenty of skirmishes in Indian territory.

Oh and we look better too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheBBQ
India in pretty much every conceivable positive aspect. The only thing that Pakistan is good for is producing a radical muslim population, housing terrorists and supporting them, persecuting religious minorities, destroying priceless heritage sights and many more despicable things. Oh, and having plenty of skirmishes in Indian territory.

Oh and we look better too.

To be blunt India is a failed state and so is Pakistan .
Original post by Pure class

So which failed less miserably?
Reply 78
Original post by Pure class

I would love to see how any other country would fare after centuries of colonisation and oppression, being stripped of many valuable minerals and resources, over a billion people of many different cultures and languages and traditions and lifestyles, being left with infrastructure that was made to serve the colonial rulers and keep the masses under their feet, having a severely corrupt government for the majority of its time and being surrounded by countries that would rather see it wiped off the earth and who constantly dispute borders and wish to annex part of the country, having cultural as well as economic barriers on its own people where for many people there is no way up the ladder.

I could go on. Let's see how other countries like this have turned out.

We have Bangladesh and Pakistan.

Considering how they are doing, can you still call it a failed state?
Reply 79
what place is better for travelling?? i have heard Pakistan is meant to be stunning.

Quick Reply

Latest