The Student Room Group

Anyone know anybody whose never left their home city?

Myself, I've left my home city of Sunderland (I don't live there now) many times, and have been as far as Australia, so I do not qualify!

However, I met a guy on a train a few weeks ago, he was heading to Edinburgh, and we were chatting.
He said he was born in Pakistan, he lived in Leeds and had a Leeds accent. He was quite old, probably about 55 or something like that, and he told me that since he'd moved from Pakistan as a kid in the 1970s, this was his first time outside of Leeds since then.

Assuming he's telling the truth, I really why he decided to live in the same city for some 50 years until that particular moment. I'm sure he had his reasons, but I would have felt a bit invasive asking for all the details.

Not exactly the same, but there was one of the duty managers I had at the leisure centre when I worked as a lifeguard. He's probably late 50s, and last I heard he'd never been to London or Edinburgh in his life, but he had been abroad a fair bit, though he normally visits the same destinations, even the same hotels.
Yes, I know quite a few people who have never left their home city.
Most of them living in England and Wales.
Some living outside of the uk, mostly within Canada and India.
I never left my home city..i am living here since i was born...
Reply 3
Loads of people where I live are like this.

Quick Reply

Latest