The Student Room Group

physics or french?

I've just done Maths, Further Maths, Physics, French and Economics for AS. Next year, I'm definitely dropping Further Maths, and then 1 more (French or Physics) so I can focus on getting good grades for 3.Which should I drop? I don't have great teachers for either french or physics (french are slightly better than physics). I'm better at french (but the whole literature and discursive essays REALLY don't appeal to me, as I didn't like english), and for physics the syllabus seems reasonably interesting (but my teachers just aren't good, and it seems REALLY hard). I'm doing Edexcel for both btw. So, which one do I drop?Also, I want to study Economics at uni hopefully Cambridge/Warwick/LSE/UCL/Bristol.
Reply 1
Original post by LaurieHarris
I've just done Maths, Further Maths, Physics, French and Economics for AS. Next year, I'm definitely dropping Further Maths, and then 1 more (French or Physics) so I can focus on getting good grades for 3.Which should I drop? I don't have great teachers for either french or physics (french are slightly better than physics). I'm better at french (but the whole literature and discursive essays REALLY don't appeal to me, as I didn't like english), and for physics the syllabus seems reasonably interesting (but my teachers just aren't good, and it seems REALLY hard). I'm doing Edexcel for both btw. So, which one do I drop?Also, I want to study Economics at uni hopefully Cambridge/Warwick/LSE/UCL/Bristol.

considering you want to study economics, I would drop french and keep physics, although ultimately, if it turned out on results day i flopped physics, I would have to have a serious re-think. Also the fact that you have your sights set on top Unis whose economics courses are very numerical and heavy going is even more of s reason to keep physics. I doubt Cambridge would give a **** as to what french grade you got, whereas they would care for physics.

Also, you may want to ask a mod to move this thread to a more suitable sub forum. perhaps the general A Level sub-forum
Reply 2
Physics. You can work on french out (Physics as well, but it's different)

BTW: https://www.edx.org/course/ramp-ap-french-language-culture-weston-high-school-pflc1x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending