The Student Room Group

Universities in the UK that are kind of easy to get into?

Hello!

I'm soon turning eighteen and I'm thinking about applying for universities in the UK, preferably in Scotland. I'm from Greece. The problem is, my grades are not excellent and that's because I've been through a lot of hardship this past year but I really, /really/ want to get into university and study Physics! It's my passion. Are there any universities that are easy to get into?

Thank you in Advance.
Reply 1
Original post by sassyluhan
Hello!
I'm soon turning eighteen and I'm thinking about applying for universities in the UK, preferably in Scotland. I'm from Greece. The problem is, my grades are not excellent and that's because I've been through a lot of hardship this past year but I really, /really/ want to get into university and study Physics! It's my passion. Are there any universities that are easy to get into?
Thank you in Advance.

With a few exceptions at the top end, if you have the grades a university wants then you're extremely likely to be offered a place. It's never a guarantee but just try and match up your grades to places.

If you want suggestions then perhaps try make a rough estimation of a conversion between your expected grade and our standard A-levels as people will be able to place things then.

As a warning, if your grades are quite poor then your choice of course will be quite slim if you want theoretical physics. Many of the universities with lower requirements tend to be more focused and better at vocational and applied courses - i.e. you may find many of them are applied physics as opposed to (theoretical) physics, or they possibly don't have a physics department (they don't really get the funding for research).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending