Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Ask about open days and applying to Sheffield for 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The University of Sheffield
Hello

Thank you for your message.

Based on last year's number, there was roughly a 3 to 1 application to place ratio.

If you have any further questions please email
[email protected]

With best wishes,

Nancy
Student Recruitment Administrator

Thank you Nancy :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Hi, how many applicants were there for undergraduate Dentistry for 2016 entry? And also when will interviews/rejections be given out?
Original post by xambercx
Hi, how many applicants were there for undergraduate Dentistry for 2016 entry? And also when will interviews/rejections be given out?

Hello :smile:

Thanks for your message.

The Dentistry School have informed me that they have received around 850 applications.

Applicants will be contaced towards the end of January.

With best wishes,

Nancy
Hi!

I was wondering if you are able to find out the number of applicants that applied for Medicine 2016 entry? And if possible the number of interviews sent out, the number of offers that the medical school may make and the likely number of applicants the medical school may take this year.

Thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
How likely will midwifery be in UCAS Extra for your university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I have received and accepted an offer for the MSc Molecular Medicine course for 2016 start. When can I apply for accommodation as I thought as soon as I had accepted I was able to yet I can not find the appropriate link.

Thank you!
Original post by kaytaylou
I've just received an offer for History and Politics at AAB. Do you no longer provide an ABB offer with those with an EPQ or is this just for straight history? It's just when I did my EPQ I had Sheffield in mind thanks

Thanks for your message.

I’m afraid that the department had to remove the option of accepting the EPQ for VL12 for 2016 entry, as Politics have taken the decision to not use it in offer making.

If you have got any further questions regarding this please email
[email protected]

With best wishes,

Nancy
Original post by Jacqualyn
Hi,

I have received and accepted an offer for the MSc Molecular Medicine course for 2016 start. When can I apply for accommodation as I thought as soon as I had accepted I was able to yet I can not find the appropriate link.

Thank you!

Thanks for your message.

You will be able to apply for accomodation for September 2016 in March.

Please refer back to the website in March and you will be able to apply then:
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective

With best wishes,

Nancy
Hello! I was wondering if you are able to find out the number of applicants that applied for Ecology and Conservation Biology last year and how many offers were made? And does the university interview students for this course? As an EU student I would like to know if chances to enter Sheffield university are equal to both UK and international students?
I have submitted my application to UCAS on 7th of December and still haven't received any confirmation email, is it normal due to a slow process or something can be wrong? (My provided email address etc.)

Thank you in advance!
Reply 189
Hello,

We've been travelling up and down the UK to UCAS fairs and to schools and colleges to meet Year 12 and Lower Sixth Form students who will be applying to university for 2016 entry.

It's a really exciting time as you plan what to do next so we've set up this thread so you can ask questions and meet other students.

Some useful web links to have to hand are below:

Applying essentials: www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply

UCAS: www.ucas.com

University of Sheffield courses: www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/

University of Sheffield open days: www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/opendays

Funding and finance: www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergraduate/finance

We look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Sheffield university I have low grades lol because I panic in exams lol would you ever lower the English language and linguistic grades for me if I begged you? thank you x
Original post by Gretukas97
Hello! I was wondering if you are able to find out the number of applicants that applied for Ecology and Conservation Biology last year and how many offers were made? And does the university interview students for this course? As an EU student I would like to know if chances to enter Sheffield university are equal to both UK and international students?
I have submitted my application to UCAS on 7th of December and still haven't received any confirmation email, is it normal due to a slow process or something can be wrong? (My provided email address etc.)

Thank you in advance!

I will send you a message now.

All the best,

Nancy
Original post by ScarletRose
Hi!

I was wondering if you are able to find out the number of applicants that applied for Medicine 2016 entry? And if possible the number of interviews sent out, the number of offers that the medical school may make and the likely number of applicants the medical school may take this year.

Thank you!

Do you have any information on this?
Original post by ScarletRose
Hi!

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for your message :smile:

I have contacted the Admissions Team and they have given me the following information.
They have received approximately 2300 applications, interviewing 813 applicants, and making around 450 offers for 237 places.

With best wishes

Nancy
Hi all :smile:

This is just to let you know that the Applicant Information Desk will be closed from Thursday 24th December, so will not be available to answer enquiries from applicants either by phone or in person.

The Applicant Information Desk will re-open at 9am on Monday 4th January after the Christmas holiday closure period and will endeavour to get back to people as soon as possible after this date.

The following webpage may be useful if you have got any queries that need answering: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/aid

We hope you have a great Christmas and New Year.

All the best,

Elizabeth and Nancy
University of Sheffield representatives
Hello,

Thank you for your message :smile:

I have contacted the Admissions Team and they have given me the following information.
They have received approximately 2300 applications, interviewing 813 applicants, and making around 450 offers for 237 places.

With best wishes

Nancy

Thank you for your reply, it was extremely helpful.

I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year!
Hello,

I was just wondering how many applications have been recieved for orthoptics and how many offers and interviews and places

Also what are the differences in each accommodation aside from the room types and being catered/self catered.
Also what accomodation is closest to the medical school?

Many Thanks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
-

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/enquiry/money/ugscience

Does that mean that the tuition fee is essentially reduced from £19,500 per year to £17,000 per year? For all international students accepted.

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello, I was wondering whether the medical school would allow students to resit an AS module during year13. Or are all resits unacceptable? thank you very much
Hii,

Just wondering if you had any info on how many applications/offers were made for LLB Law 2016 entry?

Thanks!
Original post by Aliceeee12
Hello,

I was just wondering how many applications have been recieved for orthoptics and how many offers and interviews and places

Also what are the differences in each accommodation aside from the room types and being catered/self catered.
Also what accomodation is closest to the medical school?

Many Thanks :smile:

Thanks for your message.

There are usually around 6-7 applications per one place on the course. Numbers on offers and interviews vary so we cannot give you a figure for that.

Please visit the virtual accomodation pages to see what the different rooms look like: http://360degreevirtualtours.group.shef.ac.uk/

Endcliffe is about a 25 minute walk to the Medical School, Allen Court is about a 15 minute walk.

There isn't much in it in terms of distance so I would base your decision on what accomodation you like best.

I hope this helps :smile:

All the best,

Nancy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending