The Student Room Group

Should i email admissions if I feel I will not reach my requirements?

I have just finished college where I was studying A Level chemistry history and philosophy, I am very worried I have fallen drastically short in chemistry and will not meet my entry requirements for uni to study history. Should I email my first choice and explain that I feel I may have missed the requirements, and ask what I can do to be proactive in benefiting my application and explain that I don't feel my abilities in chemistry are a reflection on my ability to study history, or does this come off too desperate?
Original post by jmillen1996
I have just finished college where I was studying A Level chemistry history and philosophy, I am very worried I have fallen drastically short in chemistry and will not meet my entry requirements for uni to study history. Should I email my first choice and explain that I feel I may have missed the requirements, and ask what I can do to be proactive in benefiting my application and explain that I don't feel my abilities in chemistry are a reflection on my ability to study history, or does this come off too desperate?

The latter.
Reply 2

No point, wait until results day, then you can call them up if anything
No, don't do that. It won't change anything and will simply waste the university's time.

In general, admissions tutors aren't keen on being told how to do their jobs. It's their job to consider whether your grade in chemistry is a problem, or if better grades in more closely related subjects outweigh this (assuming of course there are spaces available on results day, and they chose to consider offer holders for them, rather than offering them via clearing).

It's only worth emailing the uni to let them know something they wouldn't already know, and even then, it's much better if your referee can do it.

It's basically too late to "be proactive and benefit your application". You'll just have to hope that the course isn't filled by people who achieved their offers, and there's a chance for you to get a place if you missed your grades.

The only thing that would be worth emailing then about would be if you want them to consider you for an alternate/less competitive course if you miss you offer for history.
Reply 6
I emailed them and told them they were definitely my first choice and they lowered my grade requirements from BBC to BCC...however I still got ACD and they let me in. (Coventry University) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending