The Student Room Group

Pre enrolment essay. Please help? My place depends in this.

Hi everyone

So I have to write a 1,500 word essay relating to whether there is evidence to suggest the uk is OR is not emerging from the recession.

At first I read it to be that I should write for one side if the argument however now I am not sure as it also states: the essay should focus upon whether there is and evidence that the uk is OR is bit emerging from recession. Your conclusions should fall on one side of the other; whether you believe the evidence presented proves the uk is in recovery or not.

How would you read it ? Also had to be in the third person so how am I supposed to write my opinion ?

Please help I'm so worried about it x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Helloimkatiex
Hi everyone

So I have to write a 1,500 word essay relating to whether there is evidence to suggest the uk is OR is not emerging from the recession.

At first I read it to be that I should write for one side if the argument however now I am not sure as it also states: the essay should focus upon whether there is and evidence that the uk is OR is bit emerging from recession. Your conclusions should fall on one side of the other; whether you believe the evidence presented proves the uk is in recovery or not.

How would you read it ? Also had to be in the third person so how am I supposed to write my opinion ?

Please help I'm so worried about it x

Seems to me like you should present one side of the argument but I still think it's important to establish that fact that you acknowledge the counterargument

For instance... 'Whilst productivity growth has lagged significantly, there is still evidence to suggest that Britain has been amongst the strongest growers worldwide post-recession'

Definitely don't write in first person, always stick to third person.

PM if you need more help

Quick Reply

Latest