Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
race wars ahead
Original post by sdotd
race wars ahead

What 'race' is Islam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
There Islam and political Islam. There is a clear distinction. Catholicism was inextricably linked to republicanism, and protestantism to unionism, in northern Ireland

The IRA had two dominant factions. The Catholic faction and the Marxist faction. The later leaders of the IRA such as Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness came from the Marxist faction.
Original post by BoomCha!
NO, it should be the other way round, if Muslims don't like our laws and culture, THEY should get out. I don't think a single Brit would ever choose to have more Muslims coming into the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many Brits are Muslim. I don't see why people seem to be unable to comprehend that some Muslims are British and some British people are Muslim. So essentially you are saying that if some British people don't like British laws and culture, that they should get out? Seems illogical to me. I am British, but I do not agree with every law and do not participate or admire every piece of British culture. But I believe there is still room for improvement

Myself, just as any other British person, whether Christian, Muslim, Atheist etc... should be entitled to criticise British society. Just because people criticise Britain, it doesn't mean they should leave. As much as I criticise Britain, I still consider it to be one of the best places to live in the world.
Reply 204
Original post by P2PBushman
The only threat to most westerners is the westerner himself. Islam would rescue an awful lot of people here from their self inflicted abuse and from the yob culture permeating the majority of UK society.

Wow. I'm speechless.
Original post by The Epicurean
Many Brits are Muslim. I don't see why people seem to be unable to comprehend that some Muslims are British and some British people are Muslim. So essentially you are saying that if some British people don't like British laws and culture, that they should get out? Seems illogical to me. I am British, but I do not agree with every law and do not participate or admire every piece of British culture. But I believe there is still room for improvement

Myself, just as any other British person, whether Christian, Muslim, Atheist etc... should be entitled to criticise British society. Just because people criticise Britain, it doesn't mean they should leave. As much as I criticise Britain, I still consider it to be one of the best places to live in the world.

I'm talking about when Muslims push for Shariah Law or for every single piece of meat to be Halal. Obviously Shariah Law goes completely against British laws so if Muslims don't follow our law, they should move to somewhere with Shariah Law. We shouldn't be changing our laws just to suit Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BoomCha!
I'm talking about when Muslims push for Shariah Law or for every single piece of meat to be Halal. Obviously Shariah Law goes completely against British laws so if Muslims don't follow our law, they should move to somewhere with Shariah Law. We shouldn't be changing our laws just to suit Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should our laws represent the views of the majority?

If a shop changes all their meat to Halal only and you don't like it, voice your disapproval and take your custom elsewhere to someone who supplies you with meat you prefer.

If they would like to live under Shariah law, then it is unlikely to happen in the UK as Muslims are only a minority in the UK. So yes, if they are desperate to live under Shariah law, they could move to a place where some form of Shariah law is in place.

I suspect this post will be ignored BUT:

Ironically, ask any MI5, government official or police officer and they tell you the growing threat to the country is from the so called "native" white population.

Whether it is paedophilia, robbery, murder, terror on UK soil, or any sort of crime - the white community is on top of the list.

The question that muslims, jews, blacks, asians, latinos, africans, eastern europeans have is when will the so called "native" white community denounce this, speak against it, protest about it? Where are the leaders?
Original post by PopaPork
yes the UN has said sharia is incompatible with human rights hell even muslim majority countries has said Human right legislation is wrong as it goes against Sharia

Human rights https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Human_rights

Several major, predominantly Muslim countries have criticized the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) for its perceived failure to take into account the cultural and religious context of non-Western countries. Iran declared in the UN assembly that UDHR was "a secular understanding of the Judeo-Christian tradition", which could not be implemented by Muslims without trespassing the Islamic law.[182]

you are ignoring this simple fact

In practice, as of 2011, 20 Islamic nations had laws declaring apostasy from Islam as illegal and a criminal offense. Such laws are incompatible with the UDHR's requirement of freedom of thought, conscience and religion.[208][209][210][211]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Human_rights

I could go on and on

but here is an Islamic 'version' of human rights that all muslim countries have signed up to and as you can see they implicitly deny Human Rights

Nope. You haven't provided a reference of UN condemnation that isolates Sharia Law from any particular country/countries version of Sharia.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ascend
Can you reference any form or "package" of sharia that's compatible with modern human rights such as the UDHR?

The UN cannot give a verdict on Sharia in and of itself.
Original post by Person1001
The UN cannot give a verdict on Sharia in and of itself.

no-one can on this planet. sharia is simply a theoretical idea that only mohammed could have known how to implement. but it hasnt stop some islamic states trying to impose what they believe sharia to be. in all cases, they are disgusting and oppressive states that dehumanise society and supress human rights. Noone needs a UN report to see that
Reply 211
Original post by Silly_Monkey
I suspect this post will be ignored BUT:

Ironically, ask any MI5, government official or police officer and they tell you the growing threat to the country is from the so called "native" white population.

Whether it is paedophilia, robbery, murder, terror on UK soil, or any sort of crime - the white community is on top of the list.

The question that muslims, jews, blacks, asians, latinos, africans, eastern europeans have is when will the so called "native" white community denounce this, speak against it, protest about it? Where are the leaders?

And you know that how? Have you been speaking to Mi5 about their concerns?

1. That's not true, there are very few white British people convicted of terror offences, they certainly don't top the list.
2. Of course white people are going to commit most crime, over 92% of the population is white. If you look at it in proportion every other race is overrepresented in crime statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by El-Presidente
Well, Muslims can say what they like but Islam's inherently religiously fuelled violent history leaves a lot to be desired.

I don't think most Muslims understand the monstrosity they follow, and if they knew the truth I think Islam's follower base would dissipate very quickly if they were more informed. I struggle to see how educated Muslims still follow this unreformed medieval ideology.

EDIT: I think calling Islam medieval is a stretch. Were talking dark ages here.

Dark Arges is a very European Term, the Dark Arges where actually great for most of the world its only europe that went through a bad period

Women could own property 100s of years before they could in english speaking countries, so who exactly is progressive and who is not ?

The pages of history are full of violence which is fulled by politics not religion.
Original post by James222
Dark Arges is a very European Term, the Dark Arges where actually great for most of the world its only europe that went through a bad period

Women could own property 100s of years before they could in english speaking countries, so who exactly is progressive and who is not ?

The pages of history are full of violence which is fulled by politics not religion.

the same dark ages period forced women to be covered in shrouds because islamic men could not be trusted to not sexually assault them otherwise and of course women were stoned to death for adultery. i think you are over- playing the period of islamic 'enlightenment'.

where europe certainly did go through a dark age period ( due to islam's abrahmic relation, (puritanical christianity) the rest of the non-christian , non islamic world was far in advance - asia had china and india which were far in advance of both societies. middle east had persia before islamic conquest. Far east had japan and Korea, again far ahead in terms of engineering, ship building and meturlagy.

islams history is indeed filled with bloodshed - any politics at this time was driven by islamic doctrine btw, as it is in the most primitive minds of the modern day islamist.
Original post by Wade-
And you know that how? Have you been speaking to Mi5 about their concerns?

1. That's not true, there are very few white British people convicted of terror offences, they certainly don't top the list.
2. Of course white people are going to commit most crime, over 92% of the population is white. If you look at it in proportion every other race is overrepresented in crime statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. White terror does exist- call it the far right.

2. Because white people make up the majority,it is a-ok for them to commit terror?

I am shocked. Blacks,Jews, Muslims, Africans, Eastern Europeans, Latinos, Asians are all ok with each other, have a jolly old time then along comes this so called Tommy Robinson figure charged with paedophilia and murder terrorise this great land. Why aren't you denouncing this?
Original post by Reformed
no-one can on this planet. sharia is simply a theoretical idea that only mohammed could have known how to implement. but it hasnt stop some islamic states trying to impose what they believe sharia to be. in all cases, they are disgusting and oppressive states that dehumanise society and supress human rights. Noone needs a UN report to see that

It is a theoretical framework. I haven't studied Sharia but it is an enormous field with many different opinions from scholars. Each state's interpretation of Sharia will be different and its reaction as with all laws are subjective. I have no doubt that many rulers and lawmakers do codify their political beliefs and interests into ostensible sharia laws.
Original post by Person1001
It is a theoretical framework. I haven't studied Sharia but it is an enormous field with many different opinions from scholars. Each state's interpretation of Sharia will be different and its reaction as with all laws are subjective. I have no doubt that many rulers and lawmakers do codify their political beliefs and interests into ostensible sharia laws.

that is because as i just said, sharia is a made up concept, no one could tell you how it factually was supposed to work anymore than someone could explain
how to be a Jedi. the idea of sharia in quran is simply referring to the system of following the quranic edicts and rules. mohammed was made a prophet in order to implement these rules in real life.
unfortunatly he did not note down any basis for a constitution fro any muslim to implement beyond him, which is why now sharia is simply a free for all of whoever pushes their idea the loudest.
british muslims who are told they need sharia have no clue what it is eitehr, they only get tit bits from various internet sheikhs and islamists, but i suppose what IS are doing in iraq is as close as any in terms of replicating what mohammed did and creating a fully on islamic state.
Original post by James222

Women could own property 100s of years before they could in english speaking countries, so who exactly is progressive and who is not ?.

Well, the West has actually progressed, unlike islam.
that is because as i just said, sharia is a made up concept, no one could tell you how it factually was supposed to work anymore than someone could explain
how to be a Jedi. the idea of sharia in quran is simply referring to the system of following the quranic edicts and rules.

Sharia is not a 'made up' concept, it is well understood to be Islamic law. What laws should constitute Sharia in the different sociological economical geographical and political contexts is what is not universally agreed upon.

mohammed was made a prophet in order to implement these rules in real life.

The purpose of his prophethood was to promulgate tawheed ( the worship of One God with no partners)

unfortunatly he did not note down any basis for a constitution fro any muslim to implement beyond him, which is why now sharia is simply a free for all of whoever pushes their idea the loudest.

The prescriptions are taken from the Quran and sunnah.

british muslims who are told they need sharia have no clue what it is eitehr, they only get tit bits from various internet sheikhs and islamists, but i suppose what IS are doing in iraq is as close as any in terms of replicating what mohammed did and creating a fully on islamic state.

That may be a point of agreement between you and IS : that they are following the prescription of Islam.
(edited 8 years ago)
the same dark ages period forced women to be covered in shrouds because islamic men could not be trusted to not sexually assault them otherwise and of course women were stoned to death for adultery. i think you are over- playing the period of islamic 'enlightenment'.

where europe certainly did go through a dark age period ( due to islam's abrahmic relation, (puritanical christianity) the rest of the non-christian , non islamic world was far in advance - asia had china and india which were far in advance of both societies. middle east had persia before islamic conquest. Far east had japan and Korea, again far ahead in terms of engineering, ship building and meturlagy.

islams history is indeed filled with bloodshed - any politics at this time was driven by islamic doctrine btw, as it is in the most primitive minds of the modern day islamist.

Its not really anything to do with Sexual Assault, why is it in 2015 in the UK women still prefer girls nights out or single sex accomidation or female only event ? Men and Women are different genders that is a reality and to pretend otherwise is naive. The whole dressing modestly thing applies to both men and women its about self respect and reducing the enviroment where sin can occur. Not really your over playing what India and Japan were doing.

Nah politics is about power not religion, western countries have been the cause of the most bloodshed in the world from WW1,WW2 or the countless wars europe went through such as the 30 year war. Islamic History by which you mean Arab History is mostly wars beetween royal families not religious factions.

Islamists are just brown skinned republicans . Republicans in america share many of the ideas of Islamists its just no one goes around shooting republicans if they did, then the republican party would become more extreme

Original post by Skip_Snip
Well, the West has actually progressed, unlike islam.

Islam isnt a country its a religion....
My comment was in refrence to the Dark Arges, people bring that up as a insult when really its just a period of time when europe was at its worst.
Islam was centuries ahead of the western countries and that is a undeniable fact which people like you should appreciate and stop trying to cover up.
Russia is also a christian country I dont see any progression of human rights there, stop trying to link it to religion.

Latest

Trending

Trending