The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by El-Presidente
And you do realise the biggest reason that Islam is the 'fastest growing religion' is the fact Muslims have on average 3.5 children per woman. Extensive breeding helping to cripple what's left of the world's ecosystems does not give legitimacy to Islam, infact it takes it away.

No, that would be modern science and technology.

Take the device that you are using to post on here. It's components are sourced from the world over, it's assembly is in China and it is shipped to you halfway across the world and when you dispose of it, the plastic probably ends up in a landfill somewhere.

Did you know that it is far cheaper for cod, caught off Scotland, to be transported to China (to be packaged etc) and back again than to simply process it here?

Having more children, which simply increases the amount of food that you need, is apparently more harmful to the ecosystem than modern science, technology and capitalism?
Eh I think you find that it's only a majority of those ask, not a majority of the whole of Britain.
Original post by footstool1924
Having more children, which simply increases the amount of food that you need, is apparently more harmful to the ecosystem than modern science, technology and capitalism?

More children means more people which means more mobile phones. Do you see people have needs far beyond just food.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
I should add that I do agree. I'm one of the 86% of Tory voters who does see Islam as a threat.

You people are sounding like fools. You know this rhetoric would also be seen as grossly offensive, nay, evil if it was regarding Jews. You could probably be locked up, but apparently it's ok about muslims. It's how people end up dehumanised en masse.

Did you ever consider the proportion of muslims who wish to commit terrorism?
Do you ever question why a terror threat is continually talked up and we go into wars which stoke up the people who do wish to do it? Then we have governments that wish to destroy all our liberty and privacy in the name of this highly exaggerated threat? There will still be more people on average dying from lightening strokes than terror attacks, I would wager.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You people are sounding like fools. You know this rhetoric would also be seen as grossly offensive, nay, evil if it was regarding Jews. You could probably be locked up, but apparently it's ok about muslims. It's how people end up dehumanised en masse.

Do you ever question why a terror threat is continually talked up and we go into wars which stoke up the people who do wish to do it? Then we have governments that wish to destroy all our liberty and privacy in the name of this highly exaggerated threat? There will still be more people on average dying from lightening strokes than terror attacks, I would wager.

This is about Islam, not Muslims. Although these terrorist attacks will stir up more hatred unfortunately.

I never said the threat was from terror attacks. I don't mean to be offensive but i think the road to hell is paved with good intentions when it comes to you as a group, on here alone there are countless apologists and sympathisers as is the case in RL.

I'm far more concerned with your lack of integration than i am being blown up.
Original post by Rakas21
I never said the threat was from terror attacks. I don't mean to be offensive but i think the road to hell is paved with good intentions when it comes to you as a group, on here alone there are countless apologists and sympathisers as is the case in RL.

I'm far more concerned with your lack of integration than i am being blown up.

Err, I'm not Muslim. Just don't like the double standard with muslims and jews.
And how incredibly cheap of you to suggest that my position of saying terrorists were a tiny minority of muslims, is 'apologism' for terrorism. You don't even state it to me directly. Would you like a war on catholics because of child abuse and the IRA, for example? What world are you people living in talking about 'war on islam'.
The notion is grandiose, irresponsible, mad, and doomed to failure.
(edited 8 years ago)
This is a sad state of affairs. The media plays a huge part in perpetuating the false perception that Islamic conservatism and extremism are hues of the same color.
Err, I'm not Muslim. Just don't like the double standard with muslims and jews.
And how incredibly cheap of you to suggest that my position of saying terrorists were a tiny minority of muslims, is 'apologism' for terrorism. You don't even state it to me directly. Would you like a war on catholics because of child abuse and the IRA, for example? What world are you people living in talking about 'war on islam'.
The notion is grandiose, irresponsible, mad, and doomed to failure.

Fair enough. If the Jews ever produce places like Rochdale or Bradford there'll be no double standards from me.

I was speaking in general in relation to Muslims and their apologist attitudes.

The IRA acted in the name of a unified Ireland, not a religious interpretation. Though we let them far too easily in my opinion.

I'm not suggesting there is one. I'm suggesting that the way things are going, the west will lose patience and stop this 'Isis is not Islam talk', at that point there is a danger of what could be deemed a,war against Islam.
Original post by Rakas21
Fair enough. If the Jews ever produce places like Rochdale or Bradford there'll be no double standards from me.

I was speaking in general in relation to Muslims and their apologist attitudes.

The IRA acted in the name of a unified Ireland, not a religious interpretation. Though we let them far too easily in my opinion.

I'm not suggesting there is one. I'm suggesting that the way things are going, the west will lose patience and stop this 'Isis is not Islam talk', at that point there is a danger of what could be deemed a,war against Islam.

Well they've effectively produced The West bank and The Gaza Strip, which would be significantly worse.

But again, you won't directly state your position, 'The west will do this if they lose patience'. Do you wish for it?
Well they've effectively produced The West bank and The Gaza Strip, which would be significantly worse.

But again, you won't directly state your position, 'The west will do this if they lose patience'. Do you wish for it?

I believe I stated in my first post that I do not wish it to happen.
Original post by Person1001
This is a sad state of affairs. The media plays a huge part in perpetuating the false perception that Islamic conservatism and extremism are hues of the same color.

It's like taking a few of the fundamentalist christian loons in the mid-west and declaring war on christendom.
Original post by Person1001
the false perception that Islamic conservatism and extremism are hues of the same color.

They are the same the only difference is the methods they will use to get what they want but they do want the same things.
Original post by The two eds

You need to just admit your faults and stop living in denial.

It's the 'us victim' mentality that offends most right minded people

but as we can see the poll are showing we have had enough.
Reply 34

Don't understand why the number of people who think Islam is a threat to western society is still so low. Who are these morons who don't think it is? These are the people that worry me more that Islam as they would just let it take hold and wouldn't care.
Original post by willock
Don't understand why the number of people who think Islam is a threat to western society is still so low. Who are these morons who don't think it is? These are the people that worry me more that Islam as they would just let it take hold and wouldn't care.

Islam isn't a threat, as evidenced by the vast, moderate majority of Muslims living in the Western world.

Radical, fundamentalist Islamic extremism is a threat.
Reply 36

Being a ethnic jew isn't a choice and the same as hating on someone who is gay. Being a muslim is choice and all choices should be free to be mocked and I will mock and reject Islam untill the cows come home and then some more.
Original post by StrangeBanana
Islam isn't a threat, as evidenced by the vast, moderate majority of Muslims living in the Western world.

Radical, fundamentalist Islamic extremism is a threat.

Islam is a threat. The term 'moderate' is a term that should not be applied to muslims who for example support sharia in muslim countries or believe the hudud punishments are OK as long as they are done in Muslim majority countries.

A bit like moderate Nazi in this respect the terms simply should not go together

and they are only not a threat as they have no power as soon as they have power they do become a threat.
Original post by PopaPork
They are the same the only difference is the methods they will use to get what they want but they do want the same things.

Tell me what you think there shared goals are exactly?
Original post by willock
Being a ethnic jew isn't a choice and the same as hating on someone who is gay. Being a muslim is choice and all choices should be free to be mocked and I will mock and reject Islam untill the cows come home and then some more.

Err being a Zionist and/or a religious Jew is a choice. You knew full well what I meant, don't dabble in stupid semantics to try and evade what is a blatant double standard. Islam and Judiasm are both religions which correlate, not exactly, with equally imprecise ethnic identities. If some people on this thread to say the things about Judiasm that they are saying about Islam, can you imagine the moral outrage on here?

Latest

Trending

Trending