The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I normally sleep with girls who look like girls.
Well tomboys can have fitter better bodies if they are into fitness/weight lifting.
Original post by G-mute1995
I'm feminine, but I've been told by one of my guy friends that I'm too high maintenance. According to him tomboys are more desirable because they are more down to earth and fun.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say feminine is good, high maintenance is bad. Maybe a bit of a contradiction, but I'd say I like girls in dresses with long hair and naturally feminine looks- curves and soft features- rather than ones who put on loads of make up and wear annoyingly high heels.
Original post by Smonnie
I normally sleep with girls who look like girls.

How so?
Original post by Anonymous
How so?

Boobs, bums, soft skin, lips, pretty eyes,,smaller than me.
Original post by Smonnie
Boobs, bums, soft skin, lips, pretty eyes,,smaller than me.

Ah I meant style wise, tomboys and girly girls can look like that
Well as a straight guy I'm generally going to be attracted to very feminine-looking girls and less so to tomboys.
I'm a tomboy and I'm straight. I used to be very tomboy-y but not nearly as much these days - I wear skirts and my hair is quite long etc but there are times when I kick back in boyish clothing.

But there was a period of time when I was 18-19 where I shaved off my hair like Debra in Empire Records (showing my age), stopped wearing makeup and wore ripped jeans and t-shirts with converse. I was just the way I was feeling and I felt liberated like that - I was being a teenager I guess, experimenting with my identity. I thought it would halt any kind of development of relationships with guys because my gender was so ambiguous - I was totally androgynous although on a day to day basis I'd have half the people I encountered referring to me as 'she' and the other half referring to me as 'he' and one time a drunk guy started shouting that me and my best friends were lesbians as we walked past. I didn't really care what people said unless they were offensive about it - like the drunk guy and some woman in Costa who turned around in the queue and asked ''Are you a boy or a girl'' in front of the whole shop.

Anyway, this one guy that I was working with was super friendly and we ended up together. He never even mentioned my appearance even though every one around us would allude to it. It didn't work out with him and now he's with a girl who is very girly - I'm happy for him, we weren't meant to be and I'm looking for someone who doesn't mind a girl with a boyish side. Like I love go-karting and watching football, cars and playing X-Box but I also really like getting my hair done and trying on new clothes, cooing over babies, painting my nails and baking. So personally, I'd prefer a guy who can handle both sides of me and not just expect me to be at the salon 24/7 cause that's just not my whole personality. I'd rather go go-karting with him and then go to the salon while he goes out with his mates.

For some guys, the tomboy look and even the androgynous can be alluring - the guy I dated seemed to be really interested just because I was mysterious and not like any other female he'd met. I guess when he got to know me and the mystery wore off it wasn't so exciting anymore - but my dress sense was never the issue.

I moved on from that stage but not for the benefit of anyone else. I think when I was a teenager it was a cute/cool look but now at my age I'd look like I was having a quarter-life crisis and my face shape/body shape wouldn't suit it now I'm in my 20s but if I wanted to I'd still do it...I think I've kind of ''been there done that'' now though. For some people they can totally rock it no matter what age they are though and at the end of the day - everyone should just be themselves and dress how they feel. Some days I'll throw on some skinnys, a baggy hoody and some trainers, some days I put on a dress and some flats. I don't go to the extreme of shaving my head and dressing in mens clothes but that just because I did that for a few years and enjoyed it and now I'm at a different place.

I used to overanalyse it so much - now I don't care. If I wake up one day and want to wear men's clothes then I will but until then I'm quite happy in my tomboy-femme look. People can take it or leave it, I dress for my own comfort, no one else's. Someone somewhere will be attracted to you no matter how you look - I've learned that it won't be because of your clothes - it the energy you put out and how you make people feel.

Don't worry too much, just be you.
tomboys are usually the cutest, hottest girls,

it is like having a mate that you can also cuddle and kiss what is better than that

michelle rodriguez is the best tomboy :wink:
Original post by mikee2222
tomboys are usually the cutest, hottest girls,

it is like having a mate that you can also cuddle and kiss what is better than that

michelle rodriguez is the best tomboy :wink:

love her :smile:
Pump and dump is the male equivalent of the friendzone, if they are attractive. :tongue:
Original post by Crongety
Pump and dump is the male equivalent of the friendzone, if they are attractive. :tongue:

How is this relevant to the OP? Sounds like you don't get to do either. :colonhash:
Personally I won't lie, I can be shallow of appearance. HOWEVER just because a girl is "Tomboyish" doesn't exactly set me off them!
I fancied MANY "tomboyish" girls simply because they were easy to get along with, we had lots in common and they didn't plaster makeup all over themselves so they looked naturally attractive which is 10000 x better than a girl that is extremely insecure or genuinely not attractive without the paste.
How is this relevant to the OP? Sounds like you don't get to do either. :colonhash:

It's relevant because if a girl is attractive she wont get "friendzoned" regardless of whether she is a tomboy or not, because men will still have sex with her regardless of whether or not they like her personality.
Original post by Shellshocker93
Personally I won't lie, I can be shallow of appearance. HOWEVER just because a girl is "Tomboyish" doesn't exactly set me off them!
I fancied MANY "tomboyish" girls simply because they were easy to get along with, we had lots in common and they didn't plaster makeup all over themselves so they looked naturally attractive which is 10000 x better than a girl that is extremely insecure or genuinely not attractive without the paste.

What about a tomboyish girl who wore a lot of makeup v a "girly" one who wore none?
What about a tomboyish girl who wore a lot of makeup v a "girly" one who wore none?

Wearing loads of Make Up is against the Tomboyish outset.
A girly girl who doesn't were loads of make up is exceptionally attractive to me, shows confidence to start. But then again, if they tell me they are/want to be a hairstylist, I'll walk away.
Wearing loads of Make Up is against the Tomboyish outset.
A girly girl who doesn't were loads of make up is exceptionally attractive to me, shows confidence to start. But then again, if they tell me they are/want to be a hairstylist, I'll walk away.

I'm generally tomboyish but wear quite a bit of makeup
I'm generally tomboyish but wear quite a bit of makeup

Well you're not tomboyish. Unless you're a chav stereotype....?
It's actually near impossible to define a tomboy style these days. Having done a google search, there are practically girls who borrowed from my labourer collection and still look ready for a nightclub. Like an incredibly fashionable lesbian (is this you?)

If you prefer the company of men and to own a nice GOOD car and play on the Playstation/Xbox over gossiping over tampons and Tom Hardy, you're tomboyish and should definitely hit me up.

If you were "boyish" cloths but would rather spend the day painting your nails and watching Fault in Our Stars and crying over why you can't find yourself the perfect man and drink a bottle of wine with the girlfriends and talk sh*t about other girls, then my mate Tyrone....
Well you're not tomboyish. Unless you're a chav stereotype....?
It's actually near impossible to define a tomboy style these days. Having done a google search, there are practically girls who borrowed from my labourer collection and still look ready for a nightclub. Like an incredibly fashionable lesbian (is this you?)

If you prefer the company of men and to own a nice GOOD car and play on the Playstation/Xbox over gossiping over tampons and Tom Hardy, you're tomboyish and should definitely hit me up.

If you were "boyish" cloths but would rather spend the day painting your nails and watching Fault in Our Stars and crying over why you can't find yourself the perfect man and drink a bottle of wine with the girlfriends and talk sh*t about other girls, then my mate Tyrone....

I wear clothes/put on makeup like this
http://i.imgur.com/u3uBeoq.jpghttp://fashion.ekstrax.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Cute-Hipster-Outfits-11.jpg

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s306x306/e15/11055904_510192489118841_1313589648_n.jpg
http://www.laddiez.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/blonde-bob.jpg

Latest

Trending

Trending