The Student Room Group

Looking for a job but dont know where to start?

I've finished my GCSES and i feel like i have a really long summer and should be getting a job to earn money and gain experience. However, living in London means any job availability is suddenly taken in seconds! I realise it's not meant to be easy but where do i start?
Are there any useful websites that i could use?
Should i try just going into shops on the highstreet and giving them my CV?
How should i go about writing my CV? I mean, i have no experience working and haven't even got my GCSE's yet; not much to write about...

Thank you to anyone who helps!!!
Reply 1
Idk Maybe just get a voluntary job in a charity shop or something. If you want to make money tho go to places that people your age Are less likely to want to work for. They might see how young you are and want to employ you, some buisnesses are more likely to want young people because they are experienced in things the older generation is not like using social media. When you're applying for jobs don't mention that you just want it for the summer. Shops and buisnesses are less likely to want to hire you if you're gonna leave after a few months by they don't want to waste time on training. Just look online on how to write a cv and hand your cv out to literally every shop/business even if they're not looking to hire. It costs money for buisnesses and shops to pay to advertise a position so by handing in your cv and telling them you're willing to do anything they might accept you be it means they're saving money by not advertising. Hope this helpsxxx
Original post by Dennis Larvon
I've finished my GCSES and i feel like i have a really long summer and should be getting a job to earn money and gain experience. However, living in London means any job availability is suddenly taken in seconds! I realise it's not meant to be easy but where do i start?
Are there any useful websites that i could use?
Should i try just going into shops on the highstreet and giving them my CV?
How should i go about writing my CV? I mean, i have no experience working and haven't even got my GCSE's yet; not much to write about...

Thank you to anyone who helps!!!

You could always try to work online. Do you enjoy writing? Set up a blog. That's what I did when I was in the same position as you (themidimail.com). You can make some money from it by affiliate marketing. You could also complete surveys online as well. You won't make very much but you'll get some experience during the process :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending