The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I have to wonder what the point of releasing these stats so early is - nobody can do anything about their college/subject choice, and it's just giving applicants something else to flap about.
Original post by Helenia
That's about the same across most of the colleges, tbh. And it's better odds than at many of your other universities...

That is true, but this is 20% of Cambridge applicants, and we are all generally above average! I guess looking at 'odds' or 'probability' does not really apply, you can only do your best!
Reply 1982
Can't believe I have to be dealing with this now....

I NEED HELP PEOPLE!!!!

So I don't know whether at your schools you got confirmation of your BMAT registration, but I never did. Turns out this is because my incompetent housemaster didn't bother to check his pigeonhole until today, and so upon receiving said confirmation receipt I found out that....

THE BLOODY EXAMS OFFICER PUT IN THE WRONG DATE OF BIRTH :eek: :unimpressed: :redface: :ahhhhh::argh: :cry2:

So I need to know; will this invalidate my BMAT if it's entered wrong, or can I just email my college about the mistake? It's right on the SAQ (checked it to make sure :tongue: :redface: :s-smilie:), so will it matter?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1983
Original post by Ceryni
Can't believe I have to be dealing with this now....

I NEED HELP PEOPLE!!!!

So I don't know whether at your schools you got confirmation of your BMAT registration, but I never did. Turns out this is because my incompetent housemaster didn't bother to check his pigeonhole until today, and so upon receiving said confirmation receipt I found out that....

THE BLOODY EXAMS OFFICER PUT IT THE WRONG DATE OF BIRTH :eek: :unimpressed: :redface: :ahhhhh::argh: :cry2:

So I need to know; will this invalidate my BMAT if it's entered wrong, or can I just email my college about the mistake? It's right on the SAQ (checked it to make sure :tongue: :redface: :s-smilie:), so will it matter?

Email your college asap. But don't fret , I bet you're stressed enough with the exam tomorrow!!

Feel so bad for you, must be grim :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1984
Original post by Razer_M
Email your college asap. But don't fret , I bet you're stressed enough with the exam tomorrow!!

Feel so bad for you, must be grim :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :redface: And this is just making the panic even worse.... :frown:

Worst bit is, it's not even the first time she's done something wrong! She almost forgot to enter me, until I asked her on the 13th October for my registration number for the SAQ :angry: :banghead: :dunce::eek3:
Reply 1985
Anyone knows how many places Caius has?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
Anyone knows how many places Caius has?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For medicine, about 25.
Having 2 art( his&lit ) a levels and 2 science(bio&chem) a levels will hinder my chances for being selected at Cambridge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1988
Original post by beinlondon
Having 2 art( his&lit ) a levels and 2 science(bio&chem) a levels will hinder my chances for being selected at Cambridge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't you need 3 science subjects for med at camb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applicants for Caius have gone down from 137 to 107... Cool!
Thanks for the stats, didn't think they'd be up so soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need 3 science/maths subjects for medicine at Cambridge.
Reply 1991
Original post by Razer_M
Don't you need 3 science subjects for med at camb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily.. but the vast vast majority of med applicants have 3 science/math subjects- think it was like 98%?
Original post by prafto
Not necessarily.. but the vast vast majority of med applicants have 3 science/math subjects- think it was like 98%?

It is a requirement to have 3 science/maths subject to AS Level.

Only some colleges need 3 science/maths subjects to full A Level (but obviously if anyone actually wants a realistic chance of getting an offer from any college, they should be doing 3 science/maths subjects to full A Level).
Reply 1993
Original post by originaltitle
Applicants for Caius have gone down from 137 to 107... Cool!
Thanks for the stats, didn't think they'd be up so soon.

I'm applying to caius too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
I'm applying to caius too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five:
I love Caius! It's such a quiet, serene place...
Reply 1995
:five:
I love Caius! It's such a quiet, serene place...

how was your bmat?
Is trinity hall a bad place or perhaps unpleasant perhaps compared to other colleges for medicine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
how was your bmat?

Didn't go as well as I'd have liked it to... But wasn't extremely bad either. I might scrape a 6, lol.
Is trinity hall a bad place or perhaps unpleasant perhaps compared to other colleges for medicine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would it be?
Reply 1999
Didn't go as well as I'd have liked it to... But wasn't extremely bad either. I might scrape a 6, lol.

Lol. good luck then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending