The Student Room Group

Bluecoat (Liverpool) Sixth Form Advice

Dear all,

I am a friend of a family that recently emigrated to the UK. Their eldest is about to apply for a sixth form place, and I hope someone can offer advice.

He is predicted to have stellar grades at GCSE and hopes to take A-level chem/biology/maths/further maths. He is interested in medicine as a career.

His English language is fluent after a couple of years in the UK and his maths, in particular, is very advanced (already into a-level syllabus).

His current school has relatively poor A-level results, and he is asking for advice about other colleges. I talked to him about the Blue Coats, and he is interested but unsure how realistic it is to get a place.

I am hoping anyone can offer him advice on applying. I assume there are not many places available in the sixth form at the Blue Coats.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but they live outside Liverpool but in Merseyside.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

LBH
Reply 1
Original post by LostButHappy
Dear all,

I am a friend of a family that recently emigrated to the UK. Their eldest is about to apply for a sixth form place, and I hope someone can offer advice.

He is predicted to have stellar grades at GCSE and hopes to take A-level chem/biology/maths/further maths. He is interested in medicine as a career.

His English language is fluent after a couple of years in the UK and his maths, in particular, is very advanced (already into a-level syllabus).

His current school has relatively poor A-level results, and he is asking for advice about other colleges. I talked to him about the Blue Coats, and he is interested but unsure how realistic it is to get a place.

I am hoping anyone can offer him advice on applying. I assume there are not many places available in the sixth form at the Blue Coats.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but they live outside Liverpool but in Merseyside.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

LBH

I know this was asked a year ago, so I might be a bit late to reply but some other really good school options for him are Liverpool college, Carmel college and if he lives near to the Wirral then either st anselms or the Wirral boys grammar school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending