The Student Room Group

I need help!

Hello at the moment im on summer holiday and i dont know what to do?
i got into my schools sixth form doing product design geography, buisness and philosophy and ethics and i also got into a btec course at a college. i like the course at college but i dont like the college itself. i work monday evening, saturdays and sundays. i dont know what i want to do when im older? what should i do go to the btec or sixthform? will sixth form be to hard with a job an all?

sorry for poor grammar i write fast.
Original post by TQuinny
Hello at the moment im on summer holiday and i dont know what to do?i got into my schools sixth form doing product design geography, buisness and philosophy and ethics and i also got into a btec course at a college. i like the course at college but i dont like the college itself. i work monday evening, saturdays and sundays. i dont know what i want to do when im older? what should i do go to the btec or sixthform? will sixth form be to hard with a job an all?sorry for poor grammar i write fast.

Personally, I think Sixth Form would be better, but there are a few things to consider.

Would you be happy at either college? A-Levels can be tough, especially as they are typically geared towards final exams at the end of the year. Is that something that you would be happy with, or would you prefer the structure of a BTEC course? Do you prefer the subject of the BTEC course, even though you don't like the college itself?
Generally, I would say that A-Levels are probably slightly more respected than BTECs, although both would stand you in good stead for the future, whether it be studying at university or something else.

Do you work all day at the weekend or not? It's possible to work part-time during A-Levels but you have to be reasonable in finding a balance between the two. If possible, you might be better cutting the amount of hours you work, but without knowing what sort of workload you would have or how you deal with it, it's hard to say.
Reply 2
Original post by scott18044
Personally, I think Sixth Form would be better, but there are a few things to consider.

Would you be happy at either college? A-Levels can be tough, especially as they are typically geared towards final exams at the end of the year. Is that something that you would be happy with, or would you prefer the structure of a BTEC course? Do you prefer the subject of the BTEC course, even though you don't like the college itself?
Generally, I would say that A-Levels are probably slightly more respected than BTECs, although both would stand you in good stead for the future, whether it be studying at university or something else.

Do you work all day at the weekend or not? It's possible to work part-time during A-Levels but you have to be reasonable in finding a balance between the two. If possible, you might be better cutting the amount of hours you work, but without knowing what sort of workload you would have or how you deal with it, it's hard to say.

I work 3:30-7:30 monday, 10:30-4:30 saturday and 9:30-2:30 sunday. I dont really want to go to university, but i really dont know what to do as a career. College would only be 2 days a week. i was just wondering if sixth form/A level will be too hard and not worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending