The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who can do it the fastest? Maybe that's not such a good idea! lol 9 stone is in the middle of what I should be for 5'5, lighter would be nice, but only if it's healthy for me!
Hello! I'll join! I've not weight myself in ages, I'm about 86-90kg (about 12.5-13 stone) heavy and 169cm tall (about 5'6"). I'm not strictly into losing weight (apart from a huge - genetic - backside, I'm medium size), but want to run a marathon in 2 years time. If there's anyone in London who wants to be my running buddy on saturdays in Hyde Park, be my guest. :p:
Reply 22
I don't really need to lose weight (i'm only 8 and a half stone), but i wanna start eating more healthy and doing more exercise cos at the moment my diet is crap and the most exercise i do is walking to lectures! Can i join? :smile:
kirstinx
We all seem to be around 11 stone wanting to go to 9 stone :p:

Ha ha, it's true, and I would like to offer more support for this theory by joining this society. I'm going to the gym a few times a week, and eating a vegan diet. It's going pretty well! I'm aiming to be under 10st by the end of March, and then 9st by the summer and bikini season.

I've been eating a lot of couscous recently - I find that if you hydrate it with stock instead of water, then mix a bunch of stirfried veg into it, a medium portion turns into a massive pile of delicious food, and it's really filling and low in fat too. Good stuff! I also make a lot of soup using just vegetables - really good for you, especially because you don't throw out the cooking water, and super low calorie if you don't use anything starchy like potato.
I am really uneducated in terms of cooking! Recipes would be really useful, as long as they're quick cheap and easy for my student budget!
Reply 25
covered farm wagon
Ha ha, it's true, and I would like to offer more support for this theory by joining this society. I'm going to the gym a few times a week, and eating a vegan diet. It's going pretty well! I'm aiming to be under 10st by the end of March, and then 9st by the summer and bikini season.

I've been eating a lot of couscous recently - I find that if you hydrate it with stock instead of water, then mix a bunch of stirfried veg into it, a medium portion turns into a massive pile of delicious food, and it's really filling and low in fat too. Good stuff! I also make a lot of soup using just vegetables - really good for you, especially because you don't throw out the cooking water, and super low calorie if you don't use anything starchy like potato.

What exactly is couscous?
kirstinx
What exactly is couscous?

It is the separated grain of the wheat plant. When dried and milled, it becomes semolina flour, which is what pasta is made out of. However, as a grain, it makes a terrific rice substitute that has the advantage of being more flavorful (nutty with an interesting texture as long as it is not over cooked) as well as about five times quicker to make than rice

I've updated the page with the new members. How do people feel this society should work in order to be successful??
I would like to join please!!

I am currently 9 stone 4 and would ideally like to get down to 7 stone again. This time last year I weighed 11 stone 4 but I lost motivation and really need to start the weight loss again!
Reply 28
Why do they do it?! Went swimming today, and I'm stupidly self concious, surely lots of people are, so why do they have gorgeous lifeguards?! Grr!

Edit: how about having some links in the first page? To advice/calories things/bmi or bmr calculator?

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/
Carreh
Why do they do it?! Went swimming today, and I'm stupidly self concious, surely lots of people are, so why do they have gorgeous lifeguards?! Grr!

Edit: how about having some links in the first page? To advice/calories things/bmi or bmr calculator?

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/

Good idea! & then some advice?

& don't worry, self conciousness is the reason I don't go swimming :frown:
Reply 30
Mmmhmmm, maybe put some recipes in if any has any good ones!!

I gave in and went swimming cos it was either that or the gym, and im way too scared of the gym :redface:
Reply 31
Count me in! :biggrin:

I weigh quite a lot, and need to lose a lot too :redface: But i have been on a REAL diet [because for the first 1 and a half months i was kinda kidding myself :p:] for about 2 months now, and i have lost 1 stone 6 pounds! I am very happy about that. I weigh myself on a Saturday morning, and i am hoping to have lost some more weight this week! :biggrin: I'll let you know how it goes. :smile:

By the way, i go to the gym 5 times a week, and have a personal trainer, so if anyone needs any tips on stuff like that, i'm always here to help! :smile:
Reply 32
*subscribes to thread :wink:
Reply 33
Bexiness!
Count me in! :biggrin:

I weigh quite a lot, and need to lose a lot too :redface: But i have been on a REAL diet [because for the first 1 and a half months i was kinda kidding myself :p:] for about 2 months now, and i have lost 1 stone 6 pounds! I am very happy about that. I weigh myself on a Saturday morning, and i am hoping to have lost some more weight this week! :biggrin: I'll let you know how it goes. :smile:

By the way, i go to the gym 5 times a week, and have a personal trainer, so if anyone needs any tips on stuff like that, i'm always here to help! :smile:

You're so lucky you've got a personal trainer :frown:
Reply 34
Stranded
You're so lucky you've got a personal trainer :frown:

Well it's a small gym (only one woman owns it, with one other person working part-time). She just talks to me while i'm exercising, and she helps me with my diet etc. But yeah, i am lucky i suppose ;yes;
Reply 35
Bexiness!
Well it's a small gym (only one woman owns it, with one other person working part-time). She just talks to me while i'm exercising, and she helps me with my diet etc. But yeah, i am lucky i suppose ;yes;

Still it's more or less like having a personal gym trainer :biggrin:
Reply 36
oooo well done bexiness! Ive like lost 2 stone off my heaviest weight, around a stone in the 6 weeks whilst I have been trying!
I hope to loose 3 stone, doing it mainly through exercise and diet.

Mainly the exercise though as I don't really eat that much crap, I've just been big since being a baby and I'm a bit lazy, so it's mainly the exercise I'll be doing.
Reply 38
Carreh
oooo well done bexiness! Ive like lost 2 stone off my heaviest weight, around a stone in the 6 weeks whilst I have been trying!

Similar to me then :smile: And well done on that! :biggrin:
Reply 39
:five:

I know its only meant to be like 1-2lb a week, but its really frustrating to have a week where you stay the same :frown:

Latest