The Student Room Group

What does it take for you to consider someone a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anybody really told it to a girl ?? What an insult to the female race!!
Original post by localblackguy
Title says it all.

someone who has sex once
Reply 62
Original post by Icing_on_the_cake
I was joking. Calling a girl a slut is wrong unless she is, by definition, a slut.

Alright babes
Original post by Josb
I don't think being labelled 'womanizer' is especially flattering.

I don't see where this applies? But, okay, if you really want to have this discussion - the irony of being offended by the word womanizer, and yet defending the common usage of the word slut, is so strong it stings.

To me, womanizer is the short way of saying "he went out with a lot of girls". It doesn't necessarily mean the man was sleeping around, it just means they were dating/flirting with a lot of girls and being dishonest. The dishonesty aspect is the biggest reason for being called a womanizer - not being loyal to one person, when that person thinks you are committed to them. Slut, on the other hand, is directly intended to shame women and women alone for having sex, generally being used by someone's ex. They no longer 'own' their female partner and wish to shame them for moving on. Slut and womanizer aren't equals or even remotely related. Womanizer implies the man has been clever/predatory enough to 'gain' women.

I've never heard any of my female friends (old or young) use the word womanizer before, whereas I've heard the word slut being used so many times I've lost count, both by women and men. Saying slut is objectifying and dehumanising towards women isn't blaming men: it's blaming society for creating the word, because it shames women for having sex, and yet men aren't shamed for behaving in the same way.
Reply 64
If they have casual sex/ONS. This is for both genders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't really think about it but to answer the question and play along, someone who obviously sleeps around. These days however because so many people do that no one disgraces it anymore. But that's still and forever what the word means.
Nothing, it shouldn't take anything to use such an insulting word to define another human being.

Quick Reply

Latest