The Student Room Group

Do you think I should be single for the rest of my life or get married?

Like I find it hard to live independently so I feel like I may need someone to help me and things happen to me like I suffer from low blood sugar quite often but at the same time I don't think I can handle a relationship and the responsibilities that it brings, and my relationships may never last because my friendships never do as I can't take a joke and take life too seriously and I am extreme.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Like I find it hard to live independently so I feel like I may need someone to help me and things happen to me like I suffer from low blood sugar quite often but at the same time I don't think I can handle a relationship and the responsibilities that it brings, and my relationships may never last because my friendships never do as I can't take a joke and take life too seriously and I am extreme.

It is better for you to find someone. I don't think you should be worried about the future as it is unknown. What i would suggest is to work on yourself and seek a husband/wife that would love you and be there until death.

Also, it is fine not to be able to take a joke. There are many people who don't and it does not make you different. I bet that you are a great person who will make a lad very happy and have 8 children with lots of pets and friends.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
It is better for you to find someone. I don't think you should be worried about the future as it is unknown. What i would suggest is to work on yourself and seek a husband/wife that would love you and be there until death.

Also, it is fine not to be able to take a joke. There are many people who don't and it does not make you different. I bet that you are a great person who will make a lad very happy and have 8 children with lots of pets and friends.

Good luck.

But I may not be able to have children, I am extremely weak or I may be giving them one child at most or I may even die whilst giving birth
Original post by Anonymous #1
But I may not be able to have children, I am extremely weak or I may be giving them one child at most or I may even die whilst giving birth

I think you should spend your time now improving your health. You can change your diet, visit the GP, go to the gym etc.

I don’t know you personally, but I hope things can improve for you. I hope you have many healthy and happy children.
Trust your gut instinct and use your common sense.
Above all- be crystal clear with all potential partners about your ambitions or relationship expectations.

If you know that you do not want a committed relationship or are not suited to living with a romantic partner- never ever consider dating/marriage/cohabitation as a means of obtaining access to a free caregiver.

Very few people are willing to consider being in a relationship with someone whose main reason for dating and living with them is to have a round the clock carer available for when their health deteriorates.
This type of relationship is unlikely to be based on equal emotional investment or mutual happiness and is only likely to lead to resentment & dependency.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending