The Student Room Group

Marketing or Pharmacy??????

Which is a better degree?
Which can you land a better job with?

Although they are very different, I feel like I will enjoy both and hence why I need to choose my Alevel subjects according to what I want to go into.
Original post by Chocolate1250
Which is a better degree?
Which can you land a better job with?

Although they are very different, I feel like I will enjoy both and hence why I need to choose my Alevel subjects according to what I want to go into.

Well pharmacy is a very specific degree with very specific career options and potential salaries whereas marketing is more board so might not be as easy to get a specific career with.
Can you get some work experience in both to help your make your decision? Have you got/do you think you ve got the gcses you d need for both options?
Original post by claireestelle
Well pharmacy is a very specific degree with very specific career options and potential salaries whereas marketing is more board so might not be as easy to get a specific career with.
Can you get some work experience in both to help your make your decision? Have you got/do you think you ve got the gcses you d need for both options?

Well my Gcse's im sure are mainly A's and a couple B's. Which is probably all I need to do the Alevels I want.

I know that Pharmacy leads to a specific job and marketing does not, that's why I'm quite worried of doing Marketing as it may be difficult to land a job in a specific area as entry level jobs are mainly sales.

I wanted to go into Market research, however I will really enjoy learning about drugs too and pharmacy does interest me.

But ive heard pharmacy is a boring job with not much to do and marketing only leads to sales and is hard to get into something like market research. This has made me very confused
Any advice on this????

P.S thanks for the comment! :smile:
Well my Gcse's im sure are mainly A's and a couple B's. Which is probably all I need to do the Alevels I want.

I know that Pharmacy leads to a specific job and marketing does not, that's why I'm quite worried of doing Marketing as it may be difficult to land a job in a specific area as entry level jobs are mainly sales.

I wanted to go into Market research, however I will really enjoy learning about drugs too and pharmacy does interest me.

But ive heard pharmacy is a boring job with not much to do and marketing only leads to sales and is hard to get into something like market research. This has made me very confused
Any advice on this????

P.S thanks for the comment! :smile:

Personally, i d say have a good long thing and do plenty of research, if your heart is not in whichever subject you choose for your degree then even if theres a "good" career at the end of it, you wont be motivated if you re unhappy doing the subject.
Original post by claireestelle
Personally, i d say have a good long thing and do plenty of research, if your heart is not in whichever subject you choose for your degree then even if theres a "good" career at the end of it, you wont be motivated if you re unhappy doing the subject.

Yes you're right, but as I said I do feel very interested in both and I know that I have quite a while to decide and during that period I can do lots of work experience in both fields to see which I prefer.

Do you have any advice on which Alevels I should choose to keep the option for both careers?

Chemistry, biology...and? not really sure about the rest. I was thinking between History and Geography maybe for one of the other options.
Yes you're right, but as I said I do feel very interested in both and I know that I have quite a while to decide and during that period I can do lots of work experience in both fields to see which I prefer.

Do you have any advice on which Alevels I should choose to keep the option for both careers?

Chemistry, biology...and? not really sure about the rest. I was thinking between History and Geography maybe for one of the other options.

From what I can tell marketing degrees can be pretty flexible with what subjects you take as long as you get the grades they ask for, so I d pick your subjects more based on meeting the pharmacy requirements.
So from what I can tell for pharmacy, chemistry and biology are must haves and maths could be a good idea too. (you could post a question in the pharmacy forum to ask as they d be able to give you a more definite answer than myself)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending