The Student Room Group

Help me revise

Hi everyone,
I have a serious problem with revision just like everyone else I've chosen triple science which I want in A's in.
History which is okay and art which is irrelevant because i'm good at it.
A major problem for me is maths I got a D in my MOCK and i'm in the top 3 sets.
Can someone help me try and revise I find it too much effort and I don't want it to be too late when I decide to revise.
Not to mention I was worried before I went into the exam hall for my maths MOCK and my hand was shaking uncontrollably throughout it.
My exam board is AQA.
Reply 1
its july what exams u got dude?
relax
I'm doing triple science as well. (Although I'm doing WJEC). My best revision tips/techniques are:
-Organise yourself-make a timetable of what hours you need to do for what subject, and what part of that subject you will be revising (eg one hour of history on the causes of ww1). You can buy planners and dedicated revision books for this. As an idea, I like to work 45 mins then break for 15. Do however many of these you want per day.
-Notes- I like to go over my notes from lessons and shorten them into key pouts and explanations. I also use my textbook, revision books and the Internet (BBC is great). I then highlight the notes. Write in different colours.
-Cue cards-either make questions on one side and answers on the other, or outline key ideas on them.
-Be organised! Start early and plan everything. Keep your folders and notes neat and tidy and you'll be fine.
-Use apps like memrise to learn vocabulary (also a website) and flash card apps (quizlet for example) to keep with you on the go.
-Ask teachers for help. Get them to mark practice essays or explain things you can't remember or no longer understand.
-Do practice papers and go over what went wrong.
I hope that helps and good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Hannzzaaa
I'm doing triple science as well. (Although I'm doing WJEC). My best revision tips/techniques are:
-Organise yourself-make a timetable of what hours you need to do for what subject, and what part of that subject you will be revising (eg one hour of history on the causes of ww1). You can buy planners and dedicated revision books for this. As an idea, I like to work 45 mins then break for 15. Do however many of these you want per day.
-Notes- I like to go over my notes from lessons and shorten them into key pouts and explanations. I also use my textbook, revision books and the Internet (BBC is great). I then highlight the notes. Write in different colours.
-Cue cards-either make questions on one side and answers on the other, or outline key ideas on them.
-Be organised! Start early and plan everything. Keep your folders and notes neat and tidy and you'll be fine.
-Use apps like memrise to learn vocabulary (also a website) and flash card apps (quizlet for example) to keep with you on the go.
-Ask teachers for help. Get them to mark practice essays or explain things you can't remember or no longer understand.
-Do practice papers and go over what went wrong.
I hope that helps and good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks that was really helpful i'll definitely try these ideas out
Going into year 11? Do you suffer from procrastination?
Reply 5
Original post by inachigeek21
Going into year 11? Do you suffer from procrastination?

No

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending