The Student Room Group

Exam Timetables

How should I create the best exam timetable for my a levels?
Can you really create an exam timetable? I thought the school would make one for you. If you are talking about the revision, I usually spend all my Easter break on that. However, for all my modules, I revise one topic a day. Together, I have 4-5 topics to revise. And don't forget about taking short breaks between them. I usually distract myself a bit with cleaning my place or doing laundry. Also, cooking and grocery shopping work for me.
Hey there, :smile:
Revision timetables are just pure awesomeness and can be super effective when it comes to time management and reduces procrastination, as well as maximising work efficiency. Although timetables are completely unique to everyone, I'll guide you through the process of making your ultimate revision guide :cool: (Note: the following points are written by experts and published by the student room. if you want a full depth guide click here!)
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/revision-help/creating-a-revision-timetable-that-actually-works

Firstly

Work out how many revision days you have left until your exams

Decide how much time you will spend revising on each day

then

​​​Make a list of all the exams you need to revise for

Share the available revision time around each subject and/or exam

Once you've got the basic timetable in place, you can start breaking those subject timings down into topics. You might then tweak it to suit your own study style (for instance, focusing more on one specific subject and less on another). More on that in the link :^)
I personally used this revision timetable for my exams and it worked like a charm and enabled me to achieve AAB in Psychology, English literature and Philosophy even though i started revising 9 weeks before.

This will help you loads (trust me :o:) IF you commit 100% to it. Make sure to also do exam papers and actually understand the content as this will stick in your head for a longer period :hmmmm:

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous #1
How should I create the best exam timetable for my a levels?

Hi Anon,

When I devised my revision schedule I would work alongside my specification points for my subjects to help allocate how much should revise for each subject. My time-blocks were more "goal-based" than time based. I would try to aim to cover at least one topic per subject for each revision session. As I took three subjects, I would have three revision sessions per day, (biology, chemistry and english lang) and within each session I would try to cover at least one topic from the spec points.

Each session would probably take me an hour or two hours max, as I would use that time to probably refine past notes and attempt topical past paper questions. I also recommend that you don't do hours upon hours of studying in one sitting and take frequent breaks. You can try the pomodoro technique- I would revise for 1-2 hours then take a 1 hour break in between just to clear the mental fatigue and prevent burnout.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending