The Student Room Group

Year 10 advice

I am starting year 10. What advice would you give?
Original post by Aniksha_629

start revision as early as possible so that year 11 will be smooth sailing for you. a lot of people (including me) think they can get away with revising in the 9/10 the coming weeks till your exam. if you do this you are more likely to get average grades which isn’t bad but if you’re aiming for 9s then start sticking to a light revision plan in late september :rolleyes:
Reply 2

make notes for exams you haeve throughout the year so that during y11 you have revision resources. if you do badly in a test it doesnt reflect the mark youll get in your real gcses (in y10 i got 6s, in gcses i got 9s) however doing well throughout the year will up your confidence and motivation so be sure to revise if you can
ok my advice is
- make notes and try to go over things regularly. i used to try and explain what i learnt in one lesson in 5/10 minutes to my mum. it helped a lot imo
- focus on things equally, not just what you know best cos its easier or what you dont know cos youll most likely forget sh-t as you go along lmao
- revise as you go along, my school told us to revise way too late everything went to sh-t
- dont forget to have fun, dont spend every minute revising cos youll overload your brain/get too stressed
- when given exam qs for hw or any hw that will help with revision, go over it to see where you went well and where you could improve. remember this for your exams
- make notes of key dates, topics, or words that will help you with your revision/memory
- i found making mind maps every so often helped me figure out what i knew and what i didnt meaning i knew what to go over
- DONT OVER STRESS my god did i do a lot of that but my results went well! remember you tried your best and thats what matters!!

hope this helps!! in all honesty i was a mess during year 10 and 11 lmao
Original post by michaela341
start revision as early as possible so that year 11 will be smooth sailing for you. a lot of people (including me) think they can get away with revising in the 9/10 the coming weeks till your exam. if you do this you are more likely to get average grades which isn’t bad but if you’re aiming for 9s then start sticking to a light revision plan in late september :rolleyes:

Thank you so much
Thank you.
Thank you everyone for giving advice.
Thank you so much.
Fighting Army
Thank you so much.
Fighting Army

np!!
also yoooo army
Yes. I am also an army
Hi there,
I've moved your thread to a more relevant forum :smile:
Reply 11

my computig teacher did not teach me one thing so I was left all alone in year 11, what I did was I bought a computing revision note passport with all the info and learnt that- i learned everything from it and it was so helpful- I got an A* (grade 9) in that subject- does anyone want the link to it?
Reply 12

my computig teacher did not teach me one thing so I was left all alone in year 11, what I did was I bought a computing revision note passport with all the info and learnt that- i learned everything from it and it was so helpful- I got an A* (grade 9) in that subject- does anyone want the link to it?
Original post by michaela001

I would definitely recommend starting your revision in year 10 especially for your subjects where you have a lot of content like sciences, maths and practising exam technique for your different exam boards as it will make revision in yr 11 a lot harder - i started revising only 2 months before my GCSEs and whilst I did quite well I didnt do as well as I initially was expected to do. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending