The Student Room Group

how to study efficiently

How can I revise or learn things more efficiently by myself but not the teacher
Making a revision timetable would probably be a good start so you can plan out what you want to revise and when you want to revise it. I would also look at the revision techniques you are using, I would make sure to include active recall (e.g. flashcards) and exam practise (e.g. practise questions, past papers, essay plans).
Honestly use Quizlet!!! It's how I got AAAA:smile:
Original post by Annabellesyz

also this website that i found recently called studocu is a game changer - would definitely recommend!! i also agree with the previously mentioned advice - active recall techniques are the only methods you should be using :smile:
Original post by Annabellesyz

Hi @Annabellesyz,

I would like to add on to what @flowersinmyhair mentioned above. Devising a revision timetable helped me loads with managing my revision, and I think creating one would be a great starting point. A helpful tip I was given by my tutor was to schedule the revision timetable according to the subjects I had in school or college that day.

For example, if on Wednesdays I had Maths, Chemistry, Geography and English Language - I would dedicate my time afterschool at home to revise the content we went through that day in those classes. I would re-read the textbook, refine any notes which strengthened my understanding. I would do apply this and repeat this process for the remaining days of the week. I also found that going through the same content right afterschool further engrained the content we learnt in my head for longer.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 5
i personally hate revision timetables. flash cards, diagrams, sticky notes, memory palace and then of course as many past paper qs as possible. physics and maths tutor is amazing, has papers and topic qs from loads of subjects. if you want to experiment with memory palace pm me, i used to have almost photographic memory but its got worse last few years so i started using memory palace for associations to help me instead 😀

Quick Reply

Latest