The Student Room Group

Which one of these bags would be best to use for sixth form?

----
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The first one is more practical and bigger. However, the last one will last longer as new look bags aren't the best.
Reply 2
Aesthetically wise either 1 or 2
Option 3 definately - New look and accessorize bags don't last for long at all.
Reply 4
Are any of them actually big enough for A4 though? They don't look it.

I always went to shops like TKMaxx since finding A4 bags was so difficult. I ended up with a giant tweed Polo RL one since I had so many textbooks.
Reply 5
Original post by xoflower
The first one is more practical and bigger. However, the last one will last longer as new look bags aren't the best.

New Look's quality has gone down a lot.

Honestly, I'd consider getting one that goes on your back. You'll be carrying books and stuff around so you can really hurt your shoulder with just a shoulder bag.
option 3 will last longer and is very good quality
option 1 is a good size but dont expect it to last too long
if you are doing 3/4 subjects at a level, expect to carry AT LEAST 4/5 books in your bag- just someting to consider :smile:
Reply 8
I do like option 3 (as everyone is saying is will last longer), however I don't really know if it will be big enough because it's width is 31cm whereas option 1 as a width of 42cm. :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by Aph
I think you will need bigger bags really. And lots of compartments helps

I can't really find any bigger bags that are relatively attractive and aren't too expensive.
Reply 11
Original post by User008
I can't really find any bigger bags that are relatively attractive and aren't too expensive.

Well from experience I got the biggest bag I could (don't care about attractiveness) and only just had room for everything. The bags you have will leave you carrying other things around seperately or having multiple bags, I've had up to 3 bags at once
Reply 12
In terms of size I'd go with the first bag

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Aph
Well from experience I got the biggest bag I could (don't care about attractiveness) and only just had room for everything. The bags you have will leave you carrying other things around seperately or having multiple bags, I've had up to 3 bags at once

what bag did you take?
Reply 14
Original post by User008
what bag did you take?

I'm not sure, it was almost like a suitcase which isn't a bad idea actually.
People are getting a bit too hyped about sixth form :| what does it matter, just get a bag that fits your stuff in that you like, just like one you'd have at high school
Get either a louis vuitton, gucci or versace bag if you don't want to end up as the laughing stock of the school.

Spoiler

Use the one you used at school.
Always go for the bag with maximum capacity. You want to fit in all your stationery, books, folders, textbooks, snacks, tissues, random sweets, etc
Reply 19
You go to school to study and not look attractive. Get the most practical bag that lasts long with enough space.
I'd seriously consider backpacks because your bag's going to be really heavy with books and folders.

Quick Reply

Latest