The Student Room Group

Best bag for Sixth Form

Hi all, I've started sixth form this week but I've found that the bag I've bought is too small (it's a karrimor rucksack). So I was wondering if people had any recommendations? I need to fit in it, 3 lever arch files and a ring binder plus other things like pencil case, planner, lunch box etc. At the moment I'm taking my rucksack and a shopping bag for all my folders. Thanks in advance.
One of these badboys
jd-300x225.jpg
Original post by Yellowlemon123
Hi all, I've started sixth form this week but I've found that the bag I've bought is too small (it's a karrimor rucksack). So I was wondering if people had any recommendations? I need to fit in it, 3 lever arch files and a ring binder plus other things like pencil case, planner, lunch box etc. At the moment I'm taking my rucksack and a shopping bag for all my folders. Thanks in advance.

You don't need 3 lever arch files. Use your ring binder as a day folder, and carry all the paper and work you need for the day in that. Then you can use the rucksack.
Reply 4
Why are you taking 3 lever arch files tho? Is there 1 for each subject? Because if so- I would recommend just taking one folder and using it as a 'day folder'. You can have dividers dedicated to each subject and then once you're home, you can put your work into the subject specific folder.
Reply 5
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
You don't need 3 lever arch files. Use your ring binder as a day folder, and carry all the paper and work you need for the day in that. Then you can use the rucksack.

Got there before me :biggrin:
Original post by jdijx
Why are you taking 3 lever arch files tho? Is there 1 for each subject? Because if so- I would recommend just taking one folder and using it as a 'day folder'. You can have dividers dedicated to each subject and then once you're home, you can put your work into the subject specific folder.

Yes, it's one for each subject, but unfortunately I have to take each one for whenever I have that subject and there's two days a week when I have to take all 3
Yes, it's one for each subject, but unfortunately I have to take each one for whenever I have that subject and there's two days a week when I have to take all 3

You've probably mis-understood. I really doubt any teacher would make you bring in a huge lever-arch file every time you have a lesson. Just bring in anything that's relevant to that lesson in a day folder. :smile: Even if you do decide to bring in all your lever arch files, you'll find it impossible to carry it all by January I guarantee

They are suggesting you get a 4th binder that is seperated into the 3 subjects, if you need anything from previous lessons your teachers will tell you before the lesson and you can retrieve it from one of your 3 large folders. :smile:
Original post by jdijx

At my school they're given by the school, we can't change what we use them for
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie

At my school the files are given out by the school and therefore are mandatory

Quick Reply

Latest