The Student Room Group

Staying at home or moving out

Hey I was just wandering is it possible to move out for first year as in live on campus but the rest of the course duration move back home?
I am an aspiring medical student and apply to study in a London university, Thanks in advance.
Original post by mizzyportia
Hey I was just wandering is it possible to move out for first year as in live on campus but the rest of the course duration move back home?
I am an aspiring medical student and apply to study in a London university, Thanks in advance.

Of course it is.

But once you've experienced a year of independence, it'll take a lot to want to move back in with your parents long term!
Original post by Democracy
Of course it is.

But once you've experienced a year of independence, it'll take a lot to want to move back in with your parents long term!

Ahh ok thanks I just wanted to be sure! yh hopefully I enjoy moving out and the independence as well!
Ahh ok thanks I just wanted to be sure! yh hopefully I enjoy moving out and the independence as well!

Also worth thinking about where your parents live in relation to where you'll be doing placements from 3rd year.

E.g. if your parents live near Heathrow and you have to be in Homerton or Barnet or some other non-central location everyday, well, that's going to be a pretty big trek. Definitely worth thinking about.
Original post by Democracy
Also worth thinking about where your parents live in relation to where you'll be doing placements from 3rd year.

E.g. if your parents live near Heathrow and you have to be in Homerton or Barnet or some other non-central location everyday, well, that's going to be a pretty big trek. Definitely worth thinking about.

Yes thats true I will definitely take that into account! are u a current medical student?
Yes thats true I will definitely take that into account! are u a current medical student?

Yep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending