University of Glasgow
Visit website

Uni of Glasgow Freshers 2015 - looking for buddies

Anyone goin to freshers x
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by schoolgirl1234
Can't afford accom n so scared of missin out on the 'uni' experience - anyone want to make friends for the fresher's events??

Haha I'm on the same boat. What course will you be doing?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by novvah
Haha I'm on the same boat. What course will you be doing?

Psychology you?x
Reply 3
Psychology you?x

I'll be doing Biomedical Engineering
Reply 4
I know a lot of girls just like you going to University of Glasgow. Everyone is on the same boat. Why not join Facebook groups and post a comment stating which course you're taking. I'm sure people will comment below saying they're doing the same course and add you. Then, you'll know at least a few people before Freshers week :biggrin:
Reply 5
I'm going to be doing chemistry with medicinal chemistry, I'm going to be staying at home but I'm really nervous about starting as I don't know anyone😩, would love to get to know people before I start😀
Reply 6
Original post by rhiifuu
I know a lot of girls just like you going to University of Glasgow. Everyone is on the same boat. Why not join Facebook groups and post a comment stating which course you're taking. I'm sure people will comment below saying they're doing the same course and add you. Then, you'll know at least a few people before Freshers week :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice! Could you possibly link to one of the Facebook groups?
Reply 7
Original post by A728
I'm going to be doing chemistry with medicinal chemistry, I'm going to be staying at home but I'm really nervous about starting as I don't know anyone😩, would love to get to know people before I start😀

I'm quite new to this. Is there a way to private message in this? Or I could give you my Facebook id and we can start chatting from there? Just a suggestion x
Reply 8
Original post by novvah
Thanks for the advice! Could you possibly link to one of the Facebook groups?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/509807459157673/
Reply 9
Original post by novvah
I'm quite new to this. Is there a way to private message in this? Or I could give you my Facebook id and we can start chatting from there? Just a suggestion x

Yeah you can private message in this, I need to make a new Facebook next week so I will private message you x
Can't afford accom n so scared of missin out on the 'uni' experience - anyone want to make friends for the fresher's events??

I've posted plenty of threads and posted plenty of replies to let you know that just because you don't live in accommodation, doesn't mean you'll miss out on the 'uni experience' at all.

You'll make your own 'university experience', I had friends during my first year that lived out of accommodation and it didn't change much apart from they didn't stay late or something, it doesn't change much!

Don't worry, you'll make friends as normal and it'll all be fine.
Reply 11
Original post by novvah
I'll be doing Biomedical Engineering

Biomed undergrad here too!
Reply 12
Original post by allgold
Biomed undergrad here too!

Ah that's great! I've finally met someone who is going to be doing the same course as me haha 😂
Hi!! Computing Science undergad, anyone who's already there for advice?? :smile:
Reply 14
I, too, will be living outside of the university, still looking for a flat, though (two people sharing one bed, if anybody needs any roomates, or knows a place!)
Starting joint honours - Comparative Literature and Philosophy. Since Glasgow is a city that offers so much already, irregardless of being a student or not, I think we'll be just fine :smile:
Reply 15
Hey, biomed undergrad here too! have you guys enrolled yet?
Reply 16
Original post by R3d
Hey, biomed undergrad here too! have you guys enrolled yet?

I've been trying for the last few days but everything keeps clashing 😩 Have you enrolled?
Reply 17
I managed to enroll in some but in others i can't find dates that don't create any time conflicts with the others. I tried different combinations and then when i tried enrolling in some i got a message saying that i can't enroll in this class because the seats are reserved, even though the class is available and only 2 people have enrolled.
Reply 18
Original post by R3d
I managed to enroll in some but in others i can't find dates that don't create any time conflicts with the others. I tried different combinations and then when i tried enrolling in some i got a message saying that i can't enroll in this class because the seats are reserved, even though the class is available and only 2 people have enrolled.

I just got an email saying they are trying to resolve the issues. For now, they just want us to enrol on BIOL2020 if we haven't already done so and to leave everything else until the week after next. All first year courses are compulsory anyway so we are guaranteed a place.
Reply 19
Yeah i just read it. Thank you though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending