The Student Room Group

2015 AS/A2 CIE RESULTS | TUESDAYl 11th | RELEASED!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ya ali madad
*]How are you feeling about results day?

Really really depressed. Did not do anything these summers and have been thinking about getting into University ever since my STEP.

[*]Are you AS or A2?
A2

[*]Which subjects do/did you study
Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics
[*]How did your exams go?

They were supposed to go good, but seems like they went average.

[*]What grades are you hoping to get?

Best: A*A*B, Worst: A*AB
[*]To which uni are you hoping to go?

Imperial College London. Might miss my offer but I have UCL as insurance.

[*]To study which subject?

Computing (G401)

[*]Anything to add?

I'm puking by stress. I'm taking Valium since 1 June, started with 5mg and now 15 mg per day. I had given Advance Placement Exams as well and secured good marks in the hardest APs (5,5,5,5,4) but unfortunately my Imperial offer was not based on APs. UCL's was so I got in confirmed and unconditional now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I got A*A*B as well and just missed my UCL offer of AAA. What was your offer and do you think they would take me in. I got a B in a subject which is unrelated to my course and the two A*'s in math and physics, i applied for mechanical engineering
Reply 81
A-Level Chemistry/Biology/Maths. Got ABB instead of my predicted AAB, which kinda sucks. I was hoping for an A in Maths. Does anyone have any idea when the option to do remarks is up?
Hello. Im Eve. I got my AS results today and i need someone to talk to. I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and was lucky to get aaaa but my score for Maths was 87, which makes me anxious about A2 because im doing mechanics and pure math 3, and im not very good, so im afraid i won't be able to get a high enough grade come A2. Im just looking for some advice because im not very sure how the AS+A2= final grade works out. What will i have to do to make sure this 87 doesn't kill my chances for a math A*? Thanks for anyone who takes the time to reply
A*AAAA
Missed Imperial's offer :frown: Sending a couple papers off for remarks, hopefully they can go up :smile:
[*]How are you feeling about results day?
Feeling bad, lost my chances into Uni.

[*]Are you AS or A2?
A2

Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

I did really good, don't know where i went wrong.
AAB

UAE university

Beng Mechanical Engineering

[*]Anything to add?
I got CDE, I needed minimum BCC. I really thing I need to get my papers rechecked or I have to resit my Exams in november.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
A*AAAA
Missed Imperial's offer :frown: Sending a couple papers off for remarks, hopefully they can go up :smile:

Was wondering how you got on - then I found this thread.

Hope remarks go your way.

But - amazing results and sure it will all work out.

All the best:smile:
Reply 86
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A

Imperial here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NerdexX
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A

Imperial here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You smashed it!
Reply 88
Original post by NerdexX
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A

Imperial here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NerdexX
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A

Imperial here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!!!
Amazing!!! Congratssss
Reply 90
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
A*AAAA

What are the fees for remarks? Can't find them anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NerdexX
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A

Imperial here I come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bravo! goodluck for Uni, any studying tips for A2?
Original post by emiloujess
I'm not CIE (I just came to see how you guys did) but how is that bad? I would be thrilled with those grades! :smile:

Considering he was predicted around A*AA and had uni offers in that region, those grades are bad for him.

It's all relative, I'd be devastated with those as well.
Original post by Skill Twix
I ****** up!Got BBC!So I am retaking

Be happy with that, I was expected to get AAB-ABB and got CDE now, I might resit this nov. Any idea it will improve my grade to BBB atleast?
Reply 94
[*]How are you feeling about results day?
Calm, but that's not really surprising since I've been accepted on my grades from last year.

[*]Are you AS or A2?
A2 and AS I guess. I've just done a third year of sixth form, taking different A-levels to last time

AS English
A2 English
A2 Maths
A2 unit 4 physics resit

I've already got A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and AS levels in maths and further maths

I don't really know how the English went, having never taken A-level English exams and not actually doing any English for 2 years. The maths exams were interesting, but I'm reserving judgement because the last time I made guesses about maths I was way out.

C in English and Maths would be great. If I dont get the A in physics this time, however, my physics teacher has stated on many occasions that he will personally hunt me down...

University of Leeds

Radiography

[*]Anything to add?
I guess I'd only say not to worry if you don't get what you want this year or if you didn't get any offers from universities. It doesn't make you a failure or worthless and you never know, it might lead to something you never thought of. It has for me.
Original post by GenevieveLee
Hello. Im Eve. I got my AS results today and i need someone to talk to. I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and was lucky to get aaaa but my score for Maths was 87, which makes me anxious about A2 because im doing mechanics and pure math 3, and im not very good, so im afraid i won't be able to get a high enough grade come A2. Im just looking for some advice because im not very sure how the AS+A2= final grade works out. What will i have to do to make sure this 87 doesn't kill my chances for a math A*? Thanks for anyone who takes the time to reply

See: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=815293 Don't worry!
Reply 96
Original post by hafizasamath
helloo can i still take A2 despite failing one subj in AS , i passed 2 subjs and i remember my lecturer did told me its possible? thoughts?? anyone??

You should be able to still take the A2 in the subjects you passed, depending on the timetable of your college/sixth form. You may also be able to resit the subject that you failed, or take a new AS in its place.

Different places offer different things so if your current college won't allow what you want to do, it's a good idea to look round at other places because there might be another one that will.
Reply 97

This is CIE, which is different. She would need at least 93% at A2 to be rewarded an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

My son did 2 Pre U's - where are the results. The school portal for exam results doesnt show anything. Could I ask where you got them from?
Reply 99
Original post by handcream
Hello,

My son did 2 Pre U's - where are the results. The school portal for exam results doesnt show anything. Could I ask where you got them from?

I got mine at myresults.cie.org.uk. I'm not sure if Pre-Us show up there too. Also the school needs to give you the login.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest