The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Accommodation

I have just received my accommodation and unfortunately didn't get my first choice which was Brighthelm, however i did get offered Lewes Court and I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what it is like, and how sociable it is?
Original post by Megan Short
I have just received my accommodation and unfortunately didn't get my first choice which was Brighthelm, however i did get offered Lewes Court and I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what it is like, and how sociable it is?

Haha everyone who goes to Sussex applies for Brighthelm, and no-one ever gets it.

Lewes Court is pretty nice if I remember correctly, there are a lot of people to a flat (but not too many), and the kitchens/social areas are absolutely HUGE. Brighthelm is literally the least sociable accommodation on campus, so if that's your concern you have dodged a bullet anyway.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by pauly9090
Haha everyone who goes to Sussex applies for Brighthelm, and no-one ever gets it.

Lewes Court is pretty nice if I remember correctly, there are a lot of people to a flat (but not too many), and the kitchens/social areas are absolutely HUGE. Brighthelm is literally the least sociable accommodation on campus, so if that's your concern you have dodged a bullet anyway.

Thank you for the reply, ahh i'm glad to hear that I want to be in sociable accommodation! What is the accommodation planned out like?
Thank you for the reply, ahh i'm glad to hear that I want to be in sociable accommodation! What is the accommodation planned out like?

I don't remember for sure (I lived in Park Village myself, be glad you didn't end up there haha), but the buildings are C-shaped with around 7 or 8 people to a flat (each building hold several flats), where the rooms are lined up from the front door to the kitchen in kinda tight corridors, with the living area and kitchen making up the same room at the end. It's right in the middle of accommodation, without any hills or long walks from the study buildings. All your flatmate will be pretty much right next you on the same floor, probably along the same corridor.
Reply 4
Original post by pauly9090
I don't remember for sure (I lived in Park Village myself, be glad you didn't end up there haha), but the buildings are C-shaped with around 7 or 8 people to a flat (each building hold several flats), where the rooms are lined up from the front door to the kitchen in kinda tight corridors, with the living area and kitchen making up the same room at the end. It's right in the middle of accommodation, without any hills or long walks from the study buildings. All your flatmate will be pretty much right next you on the same floor, probably along the same corridor.

I like the sound of that thank you for your help I think I will stick with this option!

I lived in Lewes court for my first year at Sussex- the halls are as sociable as you want to make them if that makes sense?!. It's not party city (Which actually works out nicely on the odd occasion that you'll actually want to sleep!) and I'd recommend getting to know the flat opposite yours, and the once above/below too.

Are you in phase 1 or phase 2? Phase 2 is en-suite.

How sociable any accommodation is depends on the particular people in it.
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies and I am in 021F - so is that second phase first floor ?
Thanks for the replies and I am in 021F - so is that second phase first floor ?

No. That's flat 21, room F. I don't know the numbers but I know it goes up to like 100+ flats and approx. half is each phase. I'd guess phase 1. Does it say 'standard room' or 'en-suite'?
Reply 9
Original post by SmallTownGirl
No. That's flat 21, room F. I don't know the numbers but I know it goes up to like 100+ flats and approx. half is each phase. I'd guess phase 1. Does it say 'standard room' or 'en-suite'?

Yeah it says "standard study bedroom".
Yeah it says "standard study bedroom".

So that's phase 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending