The Student Room Group

The Underage Adventures of Localblackguy

Decided it would best to give a little introduction to the blog (tl;dr below), so here goes nothing :tongue:

To tell you all a little bit about myself - My name is Richard. I'm Irish with Nigerian origins - hence localblackguy - and, aside from going to school in Paris for three years, have lived in Dublin my whole life till now. Unlike probably any other bloggers here, I'm going to uni this year underage. To be precise, I was born on 18th September 1998 - so essentially, I'll just be turning 17 when the year starts. That also means that for this whole year, I'm gonna be underage.. :frown: I'm going to be studying English Language & Linguistics at King's.

I'm starting this blog to give you all a taste of what it's like as an underage fresher (and for people in a similar situation to me to see what they're signing themselves up for), but also so I can document my experiences (both the highs and the lows) and read back through them at the end of the year. While I know my experience this year will be (hopefully not too) different to most others, I do still plan on going out to bars/clubs etc. and overall having fun despite the restrictions - being underage never stopped me before, and I'm not about to let it stop me now :tongue: I'm hoping to get at least a weekly post in with the main points of the week summed up, whether it's one of those "fml life is a ****ing struggle" weeks or a week where everything goes perfectly.

I probably forgot to mention a thing or two but whatever. I'm gonna be quite frank in my posts rather than trying to sugarcoat everything. since I don't see the point of doing otherwise. I hope you all enjoy the posts, and feel free to post with any questions/comments you have :biggrin:

tl;dr - I'm Richard, 17 all this year but planning on going out anyway, studying at King's, gonna be posting weekly or so with the highs and lows of that week, hope you enjoy reading :h:

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Which guy is you in your profile pic?
Are you serious? I never would've thought you were my age!!
Original post by cacra

If he's Nigerian, I'm guessing he's probably the one on the right. not too sure though.
Original post by cacra

The guy in the middle I think
Original post by missaxo
Are you serious? I never would've thought you were my age!!

That's the aim :tongue:

Original post by cacra

What she said:
Original post by missaxo
If he's Nigerian, I'm guessing he's probably the one on the right. not too sure though.
Reply 6
Do you have a fake id? Are you considering getting one?
Original post by cacra
Do you have a fake id? Are you considering getting one?

I currently have a fake passport scan that works in Paris and Dublin, but if it doesn't work there then I'll get a physical fake ID (I know a reliable source to get one already, but it costs 40 pounds and my current solution is free so).
Reply 8
Bet u can't wait to show de gyal dem ur azonto during freshers inih
Original post by Tai Ga
Bet u can't wait to show de gyal dem ur azonto during freshers inih

Omg de gyaldem azonto for me, get it rite m8 smh :colonhash:
August 14th-17th
..and a stumbling block already. I applied for a 41 week contract to start September 5th, only for my accommodation to be one of the few that doesn't facilitate early arrivals. Flight change fees and one week longer wait, here I come.. :frown: On the bright side, while the accommodation itself wasn't my first choice, I'm still pretty happy with it. It's a UNITE residence located right next to Westfields, Olympic Park and less than 5 mins away from Stratford station, and I already have friends and family living nearby. To be cheesy about it - there can't be darkness without light :wink:

Also, on a somewhat related note, being underage may turn out to be more useful than I thought. Today I found out that I'm not eligible for student Oyster cards - but I am eligible for the 16+ Zip Oystercard :tongue: Who knows, maybe I can agehack my way around London? I guess we'll see these next few months.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending