The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

halls payments out of sync with SF payments?!

Hi, I got my due dates from plymouth uni for when i am meant to pay for my halls, and i just looked at when my student finance payments will come through. they dont line up. my first installment of £536 is due on the 5th of september, whilst my first SF payment comes through on the 21st of sept. then i have another payment of £1876 due on the 3rd of October which the payment on the 21st covers, but then the 1st installment is out of my own money, which i'm currently lacking after paying my halls deposit. then my 3rd installment is due on the 9th of jan, which is £1876, but my SF comes through 2 days late on the 11th...
Original post by Stanbutt
Hi, I got my due dates from plymouth uni for when i am meant to pay for my halls, and i just looked at when my student finance payments will come through. they dont line up. my first installment of £536 is due on the 5th of september, whilst my first SF payment comes through on the 21st of sept. then i have another payment of £1876 due on the 3rd of October which the payment on the 21st covers, but then the 1st installment is out of my own money, which i'm currently lacking after paying my halls deposit. then my 3rd installment is due on the 9th of jan, which is £1876, but my SF comes through 2 days late on the 11th...

Ring up your Uni straight away, my sister experienced this last year and the were lenient by a few days. Did you apply for finance late?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
I'd just email the university's finance office. They're probably used to SFE messing up students payments, so they'll be able to help you out. If the payments can't be brought forward though, hopefully the uni should understand and let you pay when SFE gives you the money. I have the same problem. My first payment is due to come 2 days late so I emailed my uni and they've said that it's ok.
Reply 3
Original post by Hayley Williams
Ring up your Uni straight away, my sister experienced this last year and the were lenient by a few days. Did you apply for finance late?

Ahh okay, no i applied really early and finished my application by the end of february, but its because my uni term starts on the 21st of september. I think i will just have to save up my 1st payment somehow...
Reply 4
Original post by VETwannabe
I'd just email the university's finance office. They're probably used to SFE messing up students payments, so they'll be able to help you out. If the payments can't be brought forward though, hopefully the uni should understand and let you pay when SFE gives you the money. I have the same problem. My first payment is due to come 2 days late so I emailed my uni and they've said that it's ok.

Original post by Hayley Williams

Thank you both very much for your help, i might get in contact with they i and see what they say, i'm sure every student is going through the same for Plymouth? Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
I still haven't even got a schedule on my student finance :frown: Because I'm a care leaver, my social worker had to send off some proof (a form or file of some sort, I didn't even see it) that I am financially independent (currently on jobseekers), but this was a good month ago... There's no way I can pay the £412 for 4 weeks rent myself, and if my finance is going to be even later than freshers week when I move then I dunno how to work around that.

On my entitlement summary it says maintenance loan £0 below where it says they will pay Plymouth £9k, but it says "amount available to you: £3,731", I'm guessing that just means they haven't received or processed the proof? Which isn't great because it isn't going to get done in time now :/ I mean student finance takes ages at the best of times, but I can't just go to uni on nothing, argh.

(off on a tangent sorry but I needed to ask this, I'm worrying over paying my 4 weeks upfront and need to sort out this first, it's one thing after another with me just as I think I'm done...)

All of this is telling me I'm not going to be able to successfully be an adult yet :P
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending