The Student Room Group

More speculation: the Mark needed for a C in Edexcel Maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathsqueen
I'm in the same position as you!

I need an A* in Maths to do Maths and FM at A level but totally fu*ked up on the exam

I wish you the best of luck. If we get an A we should complain.
Im gonna revise some AS modules and ask them to test me on them if I get an A in this exam..
Original post by Fintan21
I wish you the best of luck. If we get an A we should complain.
Im gonna revise some AS modules and ask them to test me on them if I get an A in this exam..

Good luck to you too- the exam sucked!

How do you think you did overall marks-wise?

Same i'm revising maths this summer!
Good luck to you too- the exam sucked!

How do you think you did overall marks-wise?

Same i'm revising maths this summer!

Think I got 162 overall...
Really scared but just gonna keep fingers crossed...
Become rly good at AS lvl maths in summer so that when u get ur results and see an A for maths, you can ask your teacher to give u a test on a module and if you do well she should let you do further maths.
Think I got 162 overall...
Really scared but just gonna keep fingers crossed...
Become rly good at AS lvl maths in summer so that when u get ur results and see an A for maths, you can ask your teacher to give u a test on a module and if you do well she should let you do further maths.

162 may get you an A* since grade boundaries are possibly going down.

You have nothing to worry about
162 may get you an A* since grade boundaries are possibly going down.

You have nothing to worry about

Hope so man, I wish you good luck too. What did you get?
Hope so man, I wish you good luck too. What did you get?

I got something around 150-ish :frown:
So its highly unlikely :s-smilie:
I got something around 150-ish :frown:
So its highly unlikely :s-smilie:

Just gotta hope for the best dude, hopefully they will lower by quite a bit.. It was harder than 2010 exam which u needed 158 to get A* therefore it could be lower than 158 to get an A* this year
Reply 67
I think I've got 128-129 marks… Will this get me an A grade? Hopefully the grade boundaries will be the same as 2010 paper… :frown: If I don't get an A by 1-2 marks that will be very annoying..
Reply 68
105-124, would this be enough for a B from predictions. The range is wide because of working out and possible rong answers that I cant remember . Really want a B. What are your predicted GB for a B?
Original post by Fudge1011
Last year to get an A overall you needed 133 what do you think it will be this year? Will it be lower?

Yes, it will be lower compare to last year because everyone complained about paper 1.
162 - A*
130 - A
94 - B
50 - C

They're going to lower them im sure. But dont expect drastic changes - it was an average paper with some more challening questions.
I think that's enough for a C
Reply 72
Original post by kjdm4
High C probably

Or low B, maybe
Reply 73
Original post by Mustafam11
Yes, it will be lower compare to last year because everyone complained about paper 1.

Paper one wasnt as bad as paper two in my opinion:frown:
Original post by Mustafam11

You can't say that - nobody knows the boundaries yet not even the exam board. This thread is a complete waste of time ...
Reply 75
Original post by VivekJ555
Predictions for this year's Maths Papers

1MAO/1H and 1MAO/2H

June 2014

164/200 A*
133/200 A
095/200 B
057/200 C
028/200 D

June 2015 PREDICTION

154/200 A*
123/200 A
086/200 B
044/200 C
021/200 D

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the A and A* will be higher than your prediction. I guess around 128-130 marks for an A and perhaps 162 for an A*.
Reply 76
The paper was more challenging this year and many students felt the paper was more unfair. Last year, the paper was significantly easier, and a B was 95/200 so I think this year it would only be fair if a B was around 90. Therefore, I think you'll just get a B grade.
1ma0-1h 1ma0-2h
a*- 80 82
a- 62 67
b- 40 47
c- 25 30
d- 12 16
e- 5 11

a*- 162
a- 129
b- 87
c- 55
d- 28
e- 16
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
How many marks in the foundation non calculator paper for a C would you say?
24 - Grade D
52 - Grade C
92 / 93 - Grade B
127 - Grade A
157 - Grade A*

The grade B I'm really not too sure about. Last year November was 94. The papers this year was a bit more tricky. I would like to think that they would be nice and drop it to 92 as I strongly believe it should be this mark judging from the difficulty. Although since June 2014 the boundaries have went down 1 mark a time which leads me to think 93... What do you guys think for a B?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending