The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Posh pads

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! I don't usually do this but as I am so unhappy with their unprofesionalism and lack of respect towards students, I am writing this to say how much of an awful and stressful third year I had living in one of Posh Pads disgusting, dirty property's. I can't speak for every property but reading other people's reviews they too have been conned into thinking their going to be living in an above market property ( hence paying the little bit extra)
Posh pads will not return your deposit and is absolutely 100% a way of them keeping money for them selfs once you have been pushed and shoved out of your house, by making up prices for fees that have been incurred whilst staying at one of their property's.

Unfortunatly me and my house mates weren't able to view the property before we moved in as we live so far away from Southampton but as a brand that we had heard of "Posh Pads" we thought we would invest are trust in them to provide us with a nice property.
Once arriving at the house it was absolutely disgusting. Hadn't been cleaned the mattresses had sweat and other human rejections littered all over. It was disgusting. I had my mother cleaning the whole bottom floor all day just because she was so shocked by the state it was in. Once speaking to one of the members of staff at "Posh Pads" he even quoted the house was a tip and they hadn't even seen the property them selfs and shifted the blame onto the land lord.

The main lump of my deposit missing was a broken door. The thing is they made this door out to be so important as it was a fire door but yet the door was so stiff I couldn't access my room properly. I reported the incident and it wasn't till 5 months later after wear and tear had been made from me entering my own room that they came round and did something about it. Now I have a charge of £290 which I defiantly will not be paying and would be prepared to stand in court.
This is just one example of the endless list of faults that they try and push onto students. All of this greef in my third year of uni. What do they expect me to do go around their old inadequate house and start repairing things for the time I'm there. NO! It should have been fit for purpose in every aspect from the word go.

DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO SMALL AND TAKE AS MUCH AS THEY CAN FROM YOU.
Original post by Michael Horsley
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! I don't usually do this but as I am so unhappy with their unprofesionalism and lack of respect towards students, I am writing this to say how much of an awful and stressful third year I had living in one of Posh Pads disgusting, dirty property's. I can't speak for every property but reading other people's reviews they too have been conned into thinking their going to be living in an above market property ( hence paying the little bit extra)
Posh pads will not return your deposit and is absolutely 100% a way of them keeping money for them selfs once you have been pushed and shoved out of your house, by making up prices for fees that have been incurred whilst staying at one of their property's.

Unfortunatly me and my house mates weren't able to view the property before we moved in as we live so far away from Southampton but as a brand that we had heard of "Posh Pads" we thought we would invest are trust in them to provide us with a nice property.
Once arriving at the house it was absolutely disgusting. Hadn't been cleaned the mattresses had sweat and other human rejections littered all over. It was disgusting. I had my mother cleaning the whole bottom floor all day just because she was so shocked by the state it was in. Once speaking to one of the members of staff at "Posh Pads" he even quoted the house was a tip and they hadn't even seen the property them selfs and shifted the blame onto the land lord.

The main lump of my deposit missing was a broken door. The thing is they made this door out to be so important as it was a fire door but yet the door was so stiff I couldn't access my room properly. I reported the incident and it wasn't till 5 months later after wear and tear had been made from me entering my own room that they came round and did something about it. Now I have a charge of £290 which I defiantly will not be paying and would be prepared to stand in court.
This is just one example of the endless list of faults that they try and push onto students. All of this greef in my third year of uni. What do they expect me to do go around their old inadequate house and start repairing things for the time I'm there. NO! It should have been fit for purpose in every aspect from the word go.

DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO SMALL AND TAKE AS MUCH AS THEY CAN FROM YOU.

Hi there Micheal,

I am sorry to hear your view of Posh Pads. In order to help you get to the bottom of this issue, you are encouraged to call the office to discuss your concerns, and I am sure the issue will be resolved. Our office is open 9am-5:30pm, so please do drop us a call at your convenience. Thanks, Posh Pads.
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Latest

Trending

Trending