The Student Room Group

Urgent Student Funding Help - only 1 year remaining

Hi, I only have one more year of funding remaining, because of circumstances I have decided to move universities, as a result - I only have a year left of funding. I called student finance today, and they said I will only receive the funding in my last year, thus I have to fund the first two years. The gentlemen on the phone said, I have to fill out a PN1 form: can anyone enlighten me on what this is please? However, he also stated that because of my circumstances I might be able to fill in a CPR form and they may gave me an addition year of funding. My mother, whom is separated, had an operation this summer, and I have taken it upon myself to stay at home and thus, as a result I have changed university. I can provide evidence of this, if so, what are the chances that they will give me an addition year of funding?

In addition, is there any other way I can get funding from alternative sources? Any help would be extremely grateful - thank you.
Original post by england100
Hi, I only have one more year of funding remaining, because of circumstances I have decided to move universities, as a result - I only have a year left of funding. I called student finance today, and they said I will only receive the funding in my last year, thus I have to fund the first two years. The gentlemen on the phone said, I have to fill out a PN1 form: can anyone enlighten me on what this is please? However, he also stated that because of my circumstances I might be able to fill in a CPR form and they may gave me an addition year of funding. My mother, whom is separated, had an operation this summer, and I have taken it upon myself to stay at home and thus, as a result I have changed university. I can provide evidence of this, if so, what are the chances that they will give me an addition year of funding?

In addition, is there any other way I can get funding from alternative sources? Any help would be extremely grateful - thank you.

The PN1 form is the form for new students. You have to fill it out when you start a new course. If you've filled out your application online as a returning student, but you haven't moved universities as part of an official transfer, Student Finance won't be able to accept your application as a returning student. This is why you have to fill out a PN1 form. You can download it from http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1516/ft/sfe_pn1_form_1516_d.pdf

Your chances of CPR in this case are not great, to be honest, because it does not explain why you're starting at year 1 again. Why didn't you just transfer between universities and stay on the same course? Your changing universities is not the problem, it's the fact that you're not doing it as a transfer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending