The Student Room Group

How long til you move away?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
30 days
Reply 21
3 weeks and HSBC still haven't approved my application to open a ****ing student account.
Original post by JXLS
LMAO Im already 250 deep in it as well. Had to pay bloody 300 for my accommodation deposit. :frown:

aye man same here £300 up front :'( im gonna be on f***in' rice for the next month thanks to those c***s
Original post by TwinnyP
I think I need a key for relentless and unnecessary panic then :lol:

Ah, well if you packed some before you left that sounds way more manageable!

haha lol :biggrin:

And absolutely. Hence why I'm not panicking lol.
Original post by TwinnyP
Tell me about it, I enrolled last week and was told to "Select a suitable direct debit payment plan" turns out I had to pay 700 quid deposit, ontop of the refundable one I paid back in June. Absolute piss take. Only 3 more payments at over a grand each to come. Woop de doop. Robbing bastards :lol:

It sounds good until you remember you are in a confined space with members of the general public. Then it's not so good :frown:

700? wtf do you have a hot tub or something in your room

aye man i always feel like I'm gonna get a disease when i get on the train not to mention the screaming kids that just don't shut up the whole journey
Reply 25
Original post by Tai Ga
3 weeks and HSBC still haven't approved my application to open a ****ing student account.

Llyods were mucking me about aswell, so in the end I have just asked for an appointment in branch, and I will bring loads of letters confirming my place. Get it done there and then.
Anyone move in on 18/19 September?
Reply 27
Original post by CelticBeast
700? wtf do you have a hot tub or something in your room

aye man i always feel like I'm gonna get a disease when i get on the train not to mention the screaming kids that just don't shut up the whole journey

£708 quid, and they wanted the payment before I could even set the DD up. Na, it's just 6 people sharing a flat in halls. We each have our own little shower room. Total price was about 4k. I haven't even seen the ****ing room and they have £900 for christ sake.

Screaming kids, people sitting in reserved seats, people with to much luggage. Smelly people. The list goes on. :lol:
Reply 28
Original post by TwinnyP
Llyods were mucking me about aswell, so in the end I have just asked for an appointment in branch, and I will bring loads of letters confirming my place. Get it done there and then.

Yeah I've decided to ring them tomorrow. Honestly they should know students are gonna be moving away soon. This is no time to be playing around :angry:
Reply 29
aye man same here £300 up front :'( im gonna be on f***in' rice for the next month thanks to those c***s

Rice, you are priviledged. Mate I just bought a box of noodles from the chinese market. Gourmet spicy noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reply 30
Original post by Tai Ga
Yeah I've decided to ring them tomorrow. Honestly they should know students are gonna be moving away soon. This is no time to be playing around :angry:

I bet it takes all of 10 minutes to set it up / change it aswell.
Original post by TwinnyP
£708 quid, and they wanted the payment before I could even set the DD up. Na, it's just 6 people sharing a flat in halls. We each have our own little shower room. Total price was about 4k. I haven't even seen the ****ing room and they have £900 for christ sake.

Screaming kids, people sitting in reserved seats, people with to much luggage. Smelly people. The list goes on. :lol:

that's a pisstake you could but an old caravan and live in that for £900, i chose to have the extra grand rather than pay for en-suite

aye man they're dire but at least it's legal to drink on the train otherwise id never get through a journey without attempting suicide
Original post by JXLS
Rice, you are priviledged. Mate I just bought a box of noodles from the chinese market. Gourmet spicy noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

pffft bro at least you can afford spices with your peasant food, if i want salt and pepper ill probs have to start doing gay-for-pay cam shows
Reply 33
that's a pisstake you could but an old caravan and live in that for £900, i chose to have the extra grand rather than pay for en-suite

aye man they're dire but at least it's legal to drink on the train otherwise id never get through a journey without attempting suicide

See, I would prefer the grand in my pocket, unfortunately I don't want to share a bathroom for a year with people I don't know. Finding pubes in me toothbrush and piss in the sink for the #bantz isnt my thing. Hopefully il make some trust worthy friends for second year :yy: It's either that or a caravan :lol:

Aye, just as long as the football isn't on that day, loads of trains are running "dry trains" to prevent disorder up and down the country. Be **** if your just travelling with no intention of seeing football.
Original post by TwinnyP
See, I would prefer the grand in my pocket, unfortunately I don't want to share a bathroom for a year with people I don't know. Finding pubes in me toothbrush and piss in the sink for the #bantz isnt my thing. Hopefully il make some trust worthy friends for second year :yy: It's either that or a caravan :lol:

Aye, just as long as the football isn't on that day, loads of trains are running "dry trains" to prevent disorder up and down the country. Be **** if your just travelling with no intention of seeing football.

good idea i'll be keeping my toothbrush in my room while im there since I too am not a fan of #bantz or #lads for that matter, gypsies seem to do alright and they're big on caravans

wasn't aware of that seeing as im not interested in football but aye would be mega **** if i couldn't drink on a train cos of dumb, s***ty, homoerotic, boring football
I have 24 days to go until I move in! I'm excitedly nervous...I'm really not prepared right now. But the good thing is, I'm in catered accommodation so no stupid deposit and don't have to buy pots, pans, plates, etc. I opened my student bank account on Wednesday but I still have to get a photo taken for my uni card, NUS card and rail card. I have to book train tickets too before they get more expensive.
Right now, I'm just trying to buy everything I need for my room...along with slowly kitting myself out with a new wardrobe haha.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Kandybars
I have 24 days to go until I move in! I'm excitedly nervous...I'm really not prepared right now. But the good thing is, I'm in catered accommodation so no stupid deposit and don't have to buy pots, pans, plates, etc. I opened my student bank account on Wednesday but I still have to get a photo taken for my uni card, NUS card and rail card. I have to book train tickets too before they get more expensive.
Right now, I'm just trying to buy everything I need for my room...along with slowly kitting myself out with a new wardrobe haha.

Clothes was the first thing I bought. Went shopping on results day once I knew I had got the grades! :biggrin:

Any particular reason you chose catered accommodation?
Original post by TwinnyP
Clothes was the first thing I bought. Went shopping on results day once I knew I had got the grades! :biggrin:

Any particular reason you chose catered accommodation?

Haha, I bought some clothes online today and hoping they'll arrive soon! I'm currently working on achieving my desired style and hate the majority of stuff in my wardrobe so I need to buy quite a bit.

Well...the main reason is because I can't cook for **** haha. I thought it would be too much hassle learning to cook in my first year along with sharing with people whilst I'm still adjusting to uni life in general. I think it might be a bit easier to manage my money too as I don't have to buy food often...just trying to make things as easy as possible for myself lmao.
Reply 38
22 days and counting :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by Kandybars
Haha, I bought some clothes online today and hoping they'll arrive soon! I'm currently working on achieving my desired style and hate the majority of stuff in my wardrobe so I need to buy quite a bit.

Well...the main reason is because I can't cook for **** haha. I thought it would be too much hassle learning to cook in my first year along with sharing with people whilst I'm still adjusting to uni life in general. I think it might be a bit easier to manage my money too as I don't have to buy food often...just trying to make things as easy as possible for myself lmao.

You are buying a whole knew wardrobe? Are you going to become a new person for this chapter in your life? :biggrin:

Ah, I never thought about catered being cheaper. But what if they cook you chicken nuggets and frozen chips every night for the whole year :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending