The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Missing uni accommodation guarantee for kcl

I applied a few days late from the recommended deadline as it take two days to receive details to register and another two weeks to receive an email to log into the booking system which by the time I would have gone past the deadline. Is accommodation still available after the deadline and what are the chances of results day of freeing up accommodation spaces.

Scroll to see replies

The deadline is 8 June

"The guarantee applies as long as you complete the required steps of the booking process as laid out below before the deadline of 8 June. Please note, completion of the required steps of the booking process might take up to two weeks therefore we advise all students to begin the booking process prior to 25 May in order to qualify for the guarantee."
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate

You haven't missed it
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I'm in the same boatttttt, are u KAAS or non-KAAS because I'm the latter and waiting for my invitation to access the portal :/
Reply 3
Original post by sprinkledcheese
I'm in the same boatttttt, are u KAAS or non-KAAS because I'm the latter and waiting for my invitation to access the portal :/

I have applied for non-KAAS and I’m also waiting for my invitation
Original post by Ho-Him

nice to know I'm not alone, I've been hearing that only Angel Lane rooms are available so do you think you'll book one or wait it out till results day??
Original post by Ho-Him
I applied a few days late from the recommended deadline as it take two days to receive details to register and another two weeks to receive an email to log into the booking system which by the time I would have gone past the deadline. Is accommodation still available after the deadline and what are the chances of results day of freeing up accommodation spaces.

It takes up to two weeks to receive your invitation email. If you are non-KAAS you will generally receive your invite sooner than later. Accommodation is guaranteed until 8 June. You could ask people on the KCL offer holder thread for what rooms are currently available.

It generally takes a couple working days to arrive.
Reply 7
nice to know I'm not alone, I've been hearing that only Angel Lane rooms are available so do you think you'll book one or wait it out till results day??

I will see, if they are the only ones available then I might book one. I would rather enjoy my summer and not have to worry about whether I’m getting accommodation or not for uni. What are you thinking of doing?
Original post by Ho-Him
I will see, if they are the only ones available then I might book one. I would rather enjoy my summer and not have to worry about whether I’m getting accommodation or not for uni. What are you thinking of doing?

You could also look at private accom if Angel Lane is not to your taste.
Reply 9

How did you apply for KAAS? Do we have to wait for our invite to get the application form?
Original post by Ho-Him

Where do you choose if you want to apply for KAAS or non-KAAS?
Reply 11
IF you decide to wait til results day... is it not a bit risky as you may not even get what you are looking for. would looking at intercollegiate halls be a better alternative?? Im very lost so help would be so greatly appreciated!! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Ho-Him

so what are you doing next?? Im in the EXACT same situation.....
Original post by tim21

I can't even access the accom portal so it looks like I'm waiting till results day :/
Reply 14
I can't even access the accom portal so it looks like I'm waiting till results day :/

Im thinking of doing that as well but are you keeping any backup plans incase you dont find it afterwards as well??
Original post by tim21
Im thinking of doing that as well but are you keeping any backup plans incase you dont find it afterwards as well??

Living at home which is around an hour away, would u do the same or
Reply 16
I moved to Dubai from London 3 years back mate…. So I don’t have a choice no more 😭
Guys I'm in the same exact situation as you:') hows it looking for you
Reply 18
Original post by tim21

I’m probably waiting till results day, it’s risky though but I would rather been in uni accommodation than private for my first year. I did think about intercollegiate halls but as far as I am aware you would have to book it through KCL accommodation portal or the university of London
I noticed how UoL said that all halls are booked through our respective institutes but there's still a section called 'enquire' on the Eleanor Rose House rooms. How does it really work? Because I don't think we can book ERH via King's.

Quick Reply

Latest