The Student Room Group

private schools in London

my younger brother goes to a local comp in east greater london,(zone 5-6) which is pretty ****. does anyone know any private schools in london, apart from westminster, st. pauls? something cheaper, around 12k per year and decent(like selective schools which have high results). preferrably somewhere in the east of greater london

thanks
Reply 1
Merchant Taylors in Moor Park, that's zone 6. It's really good. Also, The John Lyon School in Harrow on the Hill is very good as well, it's in zone 5. Both reasonably priced. I can't think of any others of the top of head. Oh, City of London for Boys but that's somewhere in central London though.
Reply 2
hmm..well the best are usually over 12k /yr...but..an ok one
i know of is Whitgift in South Croydon...~11K i think.

do your best to secure scholarships...they are extremly
easy to obtain in yr 7 etc.

ps nearly 1/3 of people at my School have Scholarships/Bursarys of some sort...however overall cost (prior to deductions of scholarships etc) = ~15k.
Reply 3
merchant taylors and john lyon are both really good schools - although i found MTs quite poncy, calling everyone by their last names... a bit too old school... however their grounds are fantastic, massive lake etc etc

you might also want to look at harrow school and haberdashers boys school... all pretty much in the same area - just google them :smile:
Reply 4
Merchant Taylors is great. I'd prefer it over Habs, but Habs is good too.

Latest

Trending

Trending